Want to unbury the beater?? Then Vruck it.

grannydrums

My teacher said some time ago that I should learn to play without digging the beater into the bass drum all the time. I got Matt Ritters video--unbury the beater--and although it made sense I just could not get the hang of it, even though i have been trying every day for a couple of weeks.

Then this afternoon Mr Vruck came with his Vruck pedal and gave me a lesson. Although the speeds he acheived were amazing, I have neither the need or desire to drum that quickly, I just want to be consistant on basic stuff. But the way he did accents on the bass drum was cool and I might work on that

Anyway after he had gone I tried the simple exercises on Matt Ritters video, and immeadiately did them cleanly and faster than I ever thought I would be able to.

Played a couple of songs and for the first time unburied the beater all the way through them. It takes so much less effort to play this way. I had a bash at some quiter work with heels down and that was more conistant and more powerfull than I have ever acheived in the past.

So I would recommend this pedal to anyone of any level who wants to improve their bass speed and consistancey.

Just curious...

What pedal were you using before? How was it set-up?

Best,
rjvsmb

The concept of 'burying' the beater or keep it "off" the head, so to speak, is a controversial topic. There is no definitive way to play the kick drum and it all depends on the genre, feel, tempo, etc of the song/music you are playing. It also boils down to personal preference.

It seems like you are just posting about your recent experiences, which is cool and all.. just making sure you aren't trying to say the method you learned is THE way to play.. we've already discussed this a million times on here.

Good luck with your playing and learning.

Back