Vintage Ludwigs - Worth?

trx400rider

I'm going to be selling my first kit, as it hasn't been used in years. I have no idea what it's worth though. The badges are blue/olive and do not have serial #'s on them. Any help as to their value would be greatly appreciated. Would be selling the bass and toms only.

c1969-70, a very desirable era. As concert toms, they're slightly less desirable however. Values are very subjective, could be anywhere from $500-900 depending on condition and finding the right buyer.

Bermuda

Last edited:
I have a Ludwig classic maple & the serial number on the bass drum's blue/olive badge dates to 1978-79. The three toms all have a blue/olive badge with no number. I read somewhere that is correct for that year, but I always wondered if the badges are not original to the shells they are on.???

There were no numbers on the original b/o badges c1969, but I'm not aware of that occurring again in the late '70s.

If those badges have rounded corners, and the shells are 'thick' (with no reinforcement rings) then they are probably 1978 or later.

Without photos & sizes it's hard to know the value.

Bermuda

Back