Vintage drums informations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Hi fellow drummers

I am in the posession of a french drum magazine with a long article on vintage drums informations, the brands, the constructions, historical dates, some current prices, sounds, cymbals etc. It's a fairly comprehensive "package".

It's all very valuable informations. My idea, hence this thread, would be to translate this article and put it the forum as a reference for some of you who wish to have that kind of knowledge/informations.

Since the task is quite a work to do, I'm checking with you if you would be interested with such informations before starting such a work.

If only very few are interested, it's not wothwile for me to do it, but if many of you could do with this info, I'm prepared to do it.

What do you think guys/guirls?

Please let me know...

Thanks

can you scan the article and put a link to it? Or is that copyright vioaltion? Or just give the citation, is., magazine name, date, issue #, etc. thanks

can you scan the article and put a link to it? Or is that copyright vioaltion? Or just give the citation, is., magazine name, date, issue #, etc. thanks

+1..That sounds like a great idea,and a lot less intensive work effort.I'm always interested in vintage drum/cymbal info.There is always something new to learn.Since its a French atricle,Absa drums as well as other European brands should feature prominately.Thanks for the effort,I for one will be looking foward to it.;)

Steve B

I certainly can scan a piece of the article and put it here as an attachement, like an image, but you're aware that it will be in french, Right? (we shall see who was good at french lesson, ha ha).

However, maybe some of you can have a look on their website, I thinh they'll have an archive for older magazines.

It's called "BATTEUR Magazine" and it's on the june 2011 edition, magazine Number 248

Here's a scan it's page 2 of 4 pages

Attachments

• Bat Mag001.jpg
    Bat Mag001.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 536
I certainly can scan a piece of the article and put it here as an attachement, like an image, but you're aware that it will be in french, Right? (we shall see who was good at french lesson, ha ha).

However, maybe some of you can have a look on their website, I thinh they'll have an archive for older magazines.

It's called "BATTEUR Magazine" and it's on the june 2011 edition, magazine Number 248

Here's a scan it's page 2 of 4 pages

Duh...must have had a brain cramp...didn't think about that.Well if your up to it,I would very much appreciate your efforts in transcribing the info.

Thanks again.Cheers

Steve B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back