Video of my Jazz Playing

Dear funked_up,

Well, Leeds College is one of the main schools not only in UK but in Europe, and is an INTEGRAL school, meaning with this: is NOT ONLY for drums but for all instruments, and on a University Level (TERCIARY level, if you know what I mean), so it's a much sought after place to study.
You'll have the possibility to study AND PLAY TOGETHER ALL THE TIME with some of the best students of the other instruments in the UK, and interaction is one of the things that make you grow the most, and is many times the harder thing to get (because of the organization-logistic needed, experience, contacts, etc...). Besides, you'll receive great drum tuition, and your drum camarades also will fill the previous profile (some of the best students in the UK).

This is not to say it is the only place and way to learn, but definetely THERE you'll be at one of the most positive enviroments available for your development.

I wish you the best in your audition!

Dear theduke86,

Thank you for your positive comments.
I'm curious to know which resemblence you found... In any case: John Riley! Great player, educator and FRIEND, I love the guy!

Dear millersc and hotsauce3n,

Thanks for all your beautiful comments!

Alex Sanguinetti (Valencia, Spain)
http://www.alexsanguinetti.com

Last edited:
Alex, again thank your for your wonderful help! I feel bad always replying to you because I may be wasting your time! Hahaha, but yes, thank you, I will take all your comments into concern and practice.

Tim

Dear MrCrazy,

Thanks a lot!

Dear funked_up,

Don't worry, it was my pleasure.

Incidentally, I do have a service where I address any drum topic EXTENSIVELY privately on the Internet for a small fee (depends on number of questions and ammount of work for answering), but it was no problem to answer you briefly to this at the forum.

Again, my very best wishes,

Last edited:
Alex, and everybody else,

I just want to say that first of all, Alex, your website is great! To everybody else, you all must check out the double strokes and single strokes reading lesson video on the site! Alex, you are a fantastic and amazing musician! Your rolls blew me away. AMAZING!!

Tim

www.alexsanguinetti.com Everyone go there!!

Yeah, Alex, that playing was awesome! Love the bass player in that too. So, what rudiments do you like to use on your soloing? I notice you use alot. I love to use 5 stroke rolls, 6 stroke rolls, and inverted 6 note rolls. What about you?

Tim

Nice pic too :p

Dear funked-up,

Thank you for your nice words and interest.

I don't base my playing on rudiments ('though I did studied all that extensively too), but, IN SHORT, I think about music as a languaje and try to expand my knowledge of the languaje always with new "words" (phrases), "effects" (density, space, dynamics, and others), concepts, etc...

Best regards,

Last edited:
Very nice and clean jazz drumming man.And the tune 'The night has a thousand eyes' is one of my favourite tunes ever.If you want take a look at my today's post(jazz drummer from greece).Bye and thanks for keeping the jazz flame alive!

Hey Alex, hip playing! Saw you over at HOD, you didn't post this there though.

Slick bone player there! Some fast stuff he's pulling off. Shame about the sound though, i'd think it's a little busy, but that may be just to do with the sound from the mic on the camera. Very cool stuff - you got any recordings out?

Dear Klonos and slavetothestix2,

Thanks a lot for your words!

LDGuy said:
Hey Alex, hip playing! Saw you over at HOD, you didn't post this there though.

Slick bone player there! Some fast stuff he's pulling off. Shame about the sound though, i'd think it's a little busy, but that may be just to do with the sound from the mic on the camera. Very cool stuff - you got any recordings out?

Dear LDGuy,

Thank you. It is just from the mic of my cheap video camera (and rather old because this was filmed 13 years ago). The film was at HOD a number of times, even last week too.

Best regards to all,

Last edited:
Back