Using 2 Hi hats as a stack

porky

Will it sound good? :)

Same Hi hats, top and bottom, but as a stack, might probably invert the top?

Almost never! Hi-hats generally have such similar profiles that, if you stack either one inside the other, they mute each other completely and you just get a clang sound. You could easily try this yourself. If you stack them in their original configurations, you've got... an x-hat.

I've seen a couple folks use a hi-hat cymbal in a stack (usually like an x-hat but with a china swapped for the bottom hat) but I think it's more common to use a splash or holéd cymbal on the top in that configuration.

Almost never! Hi-hats generally have such similar profiles that, if you stack either one inside the other, they mute each other completely and you just get a clang sound. You could easily try this yourself. If you stack them in their original configurations, you've got... an x-hat.

I've seen a couple folks use a hi-hat cymbal in a stack (usually like an x-hat but with a china swapped for the bottom hat) but I think it's more common to use a splash or holéd cymbal on the top in that configuration.

How about a 14" hihat on a 16 crash? their both gen 16 though, i plan on using gen 16

Wait, are you going to use them as an acoustic stack or just for practice? I just tried putting my 14" L80 on a 16" L80 and, I mean, it's fine – but they don't respond to stacking like normal cymbals. I have a 13" pair of L80s on an X-hat I use for my "stack" and those work fine.

Wait, are you going to use them as an acoustic stack or just for practice? I just tried putting my 14" L80 on a 16" L80 and, I mean, it's fine – but they don't respond to stacking like normal cymbals. I have a 13" pair of L80s on an X-hat I use for my "stack" and those work fine.

practice, i mean its gen 16 so i can just use the module for the sound, but i would like it to sound good though, i meant L80 for the 14" hat and 16" crash.

Was thinking of getting a gen 16 china.. but shipping costs are cancerous, so i was thinking of getting L80 set instead since i wanted a stack as well :3

maybe ill do 14" and 18" stack since i want another crash/china

Back