Update on bass!

darkstar442

Its been to long since i've been on. I used to ask all of you for help with my speed and i im proud to say workn around 11 months on my speed i have reached my peak of 322bpm im very pleased in the time it took. i know speed isnt everything and it is almost perfectly in time at 322. just wanted to tell everyone. I did not worry about my technique i just worked to songs that i loved and played my usually hours and now it happend! I just had to tell everyone haha thx for listening.

its 16th notes =) acomplished that speed pretty fast.. i think

i guess you're the best drummer in the world.
can you play 8th note triplets at this speed in time? or lead with the other hand?

Ya... I just set my metronome to half of 322. That's 161 bpm. I can't even make a buzzing noise that sounds like 32nd notes at this tempo.

I make 16ths @ 322bpm to be 5,152 hits per minute. From what I can gather the male world speed record is usually between 1,100 and 1,200 hits per minute.

Of course I might be having a bad maths day. My hair sure ain't in form.

following on from Pollyanna's maths, assuming that analysis is correct, that works out at 85.9 strikes per second.
Truely an amazing feat. Many congratulations on your prowess.

if he means 322 bpm quarter notes then that would be ridiculously fast and would sound more like a low pitched bee than a bass drum.

Rad! Probably not something that'd be very useful as far as making music...but a great accomplishment nonetheless. I'd love to see a video of you doing this. Most impressive, congrats!

sorry my drunk buddys heard me talkin about my speed and saw this websire loaded on my laptop so they decided to write somethn up, but i have been meaning to give an update. I am around 250-260bpm. i have been only working on true speed for about a year and i can do triplets and quads at that speed

ahhh!!! that makes more sense now. still, it sounds like you're pretty fast.

one my friends did something like that to me. he got on another drumming forum using my account and posted a thread about how travis barker "rulz" and is the greatest drummer ever.

Back