Update firmware of Millenium 850 MPS, how to?

Hi,

I have a MILLENIUM 850 MPS drum kit. Since a few weeks the kit starts playing a rhumba rithme randomly when I'm playing. (luckily I use this KIT only for practising and not on stage :))

First I thought that a trigger had a setting into the option PAD SONG but after checking I could be 100%sure that all PAD SONG settings for all pads within a drum kit was set to OFF.
Furthermore I became sure that the song was played randomly. In other words not by triggering one trigger like e.a. the snare.

I did a factory restart but that did not solve the issue.
On the THOMANN-site I found a firmware upgrade 1.4.1. for which the README file states : "Fixed a problem that might start a song automatically when playing."

So I guess/hope upgrading will solve the bug.

However, I have been mailing with THOMANN back and forth but it looks like they cannot say how the KIT can be upgraded to the newest firmware. I'm still hoping that the person who is answering my mails is maybe not experienced enough and will eventually be able to help...but I starting to worries!

Maybe somebody from the community has had the same problem? Maybe somebody can outline how the kit can be flashed?

Kind regards,
Mario

The key to any firmware update is to find and READ the instructions and follow them to the last letter.
In this case you can go to the product page or downloads page here and find the Latest update, which is 1.1.5 and download it (down arrow). The latest firmware update always includes all the previous fixes, including the one you mention for 1.1.4. After you unpack the compressed zip file, you will find two pdfs with the instructions, one English and one German, these are to be read and followed. The .dat file is the firmware that you will need to copy to a USB stick and insert into the module while doing what they say. At step 5 you will choose 1 since you have a sounds file. Never interrupt a firmware update, just do what the instructions say.

Back