UK Drum Companies

tugnut

Hey guys, anyone know of some good UK custom drum makers? I want to get in touch with some of them concerning their makes.
Thanks!

Highwood offer superb high end drums with shells built in house. Especially interesting are their very thin shell drums with re rings at the lug mounting point. For a drum range similar to US offerings, try Jalapeno drums. They have a construction similar to Spaun with 45 degree bearing edges positioned more towards the inside of the shell. I play Spaun & rate them highly against DW, Sonor, etc. Hope this hleps.

definitely helps guys. Thanks!
I might be coming over to tour this November. That is why I ask.

Nobody has has mentioned 'Tiki drums' down in Hove. He's pretty good and quite well priced. He even supplies shells so you could make your own if you want to.

I've checked out Acid, Noonan, Highwood, jalepenio (which doesn't exist or something), and FVF. Acid were the only guys so far who got back to me (props!).

I'll check out Tiki.

Last edited:
I've checked out Acid, Noonan, Highwood, jalepenio (which doesn't exist or something), and FVF. Acid were the only guys so far who got back to me (props!).

I'll check out Tiki.

It's 'Jalapeno drums' as in the chilli pepper.

I'd definitely say Highwood are at the forefront of Uk custom drum building. They'd be my first port of call.

I am waiting on a kit from http://www.jalapenodrums.co.uk. He is very good to talk to and makes the kit up to suit you and your style of playing. I have ordered black satin with chrome fittings and i cannot wait for it to arrive. There is a hole in the bottom of the bass drum to slip the microphone cable inside which I am expecting to sound better than trying to mic it up from outside, that isnt why I bought it, just one of the little extra touches he has added to make a drummers life easier.

Back