Trikata - doom rock power trio!

zambizzi

Platinum Member
Hey all! Been a while since I've been around these parts. I've been busy with two bands and a recent, significant career change. Here's a video of one of those bands (in rehearsal), as well as a few pics from yesterday's "unveiling party" that we held at my place. It was a great party and a good 50-60 folks showed up to check us out. My son's band "Detonate" opened things up, while folks ate. Our very own "IDDrummer" showed up! Great to meet you, man! Thanks for coming!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7hFTDRku9o - "Blue Lucy"

You can check out 5-6 of our other vids on the suggestions to the right. I'll come back and post some video from the party, once I can find someone who captured some of it. :)

And...a few pics from the party...

Attachments

• 2011-07-30_17-17-59_532.jpg
    2011-07-30_17-17-59_532.jpg
    836.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 2011-07-30_17-15-39_284.jpg
    2011-07-30_17-15-39_284.jpg
    822.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 2011-07-30_17-14-56_381.jpg
    2011-07-30_17-14-56_381.jpg
    733.2 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_4574.jpg
    IMG_4574.jpg
    590.4 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_4575.jpg
    IMG_4575.jpg
    478.9 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_4578.jpg
    IMG_4578.jpg
    581.6 KB · Views: 163
Having your kid's band open for you! How cool is that, Vin!!

Like the trio, the playing and the material. Was a little hard to hear the bass which is key in a power trio, but the drummer was grooving nice.

Thanks, guys. Detonate has been gigging a lot this summer, thanks to the local Blues Society organization. They're having a lot of fun. It was a little over 100 degrees, so the boy had to sweat pretty hard to work with that 24" kick drum!

All of the Trikata material is original, mostly written by the guitarist.

It's funny, Abe...normally the bass is a bit overwhelming in this band, but this video didn't capture those frequencies very well for some reason. The sheer volume of this band is probably blowing the camera mic out. Thanks for checkin' it out!

Hey, I just got back to North Idaho this evening - it's a bit cooler up here! The band sounded great live. Very tight, good sound quality, and a totally cool vibe going. Abe, I think the lack of bass is just a function of the video capture - in person the balance and punch were quite good.

Oh, and the Ludwigs rock! I love that 24" kick, myself. You made them sound great, man!

I thought Alex and Detonate did a wonderful job. 7 Nation Army was a favorite.

The Mile was really good - if you have video, that would be a good one to post, too.

Anyway, thanks for being such a gracious host and I really enjoyed meeting you and the family! The music was a treat and it was nice to unwind at the BBQ.

Hey, I just got back to North Idaho this evening - it's a bit cooler up here! The band sounded great live. Very tight, good sound quality, and a totally cool vibe going. Abe, I think the lack of bass is just a function of the video capture - in person the balance and punch were quite good.

Oh, and the Ludwigs rock! I love that 24" kick, myself. You made them sound great, man!

I thought Alex and Detonate did a wonderful job. 7 Nation Army was a favorite.

The Mile was really good - if you have video, that would be a good one to post, too.

Anyway, thanks for being such a gracious host and I really enjoyed meeting you and the family! The music was a treat and it was nice to unwind at the BBQ.

Thanks for the kind words! I love the Luds, too...but I put them away right after the show. :( I find myself going back to a 22" every time and have been playing the Saturns, since. If those Classic Maples weren't so beautiful I'd just get rid of them, to end the self-inflicted torture of staring at them and dragging them back out at least once a week, only to put them back in the closet again, shortly thereafter.

Alex says, "THANKS!" :)

"The Mile" and "18 Wheels" are my favorites to perform. Don't have video of the latter, but here's The Mile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqTBCd_2pmA

Thanks for coming down to see us and you're welcome, anytime!

I wish I had the need, space, and/or $ to relieve you the stress of setting up and putting away that kit!

BTW, which song had the cool triplet ride pattern between the ride cymbal and the hi hat? Was that "18 Wheels" or another song? I remember liking that pattern, and liking the song "18 Wheels," but I can't remember if they were concurrent likes...

BTW, which song had the cool triplet ride pattern between the ride cymbal and the hi hat? Was that "18 Wheels" or another song? I remember liking that pattern, and liking the song "18 Wheels," but I can't remember if they were concurrent likes...

How cool that you noticed! It's The Mile that has that pattern on the instrumental verses. It's a weird mash-up of the half-time "Purdie" shuffle with the right-hand doing the Afro-Cuban 6/8 pattern...with a dash of 5-stroke double-stroke roll, here and there, between the hats and the ride. It sounds complicated but it's really not - not if I can do it! :) I'd be happy to record it and throw it up here...maybe with some notation?

"18 Wheels" was the first tune we played...also the first one we wrote. I have video of it but the monitors all cut out at the same time and the vocals are overpowered by the band, so all you can hear are the instrumentals.

How cool that you noticed! It's The Mile that has that pattern on the instrumental verses. It's a weird mash-up of the half-time "Purdie" shuffle with the right-hand doing the Afro-Cuban 6/8 pattern...with a dash of 5-stroke double-stroke roll, here and there, between the hats and the ride. It sounds complicated but it's really not - not if I can do it! :) I'd be happy to record it and throw it up here...maybe with some notation?

"18 Wheels" was the first tune we played...also the first one we wrote. I have video of it but the monitors all cut out at the same time and the vocals are overpowered by the band, so all you can hear are the instrumentals.

OK, it's all coming back to me now, lol! I should have remembered it was in "The Mile."

Yeah, it would be cool to have a little snippet of that pattern, thanks!

Back