The missing felt

hyruleherojoe

So I've been drumming for years and noticed a very peculiar phenomenon. Evey time I walk into a room at myplace I find random drum related items. Felts, wingnuts, sticks, stick shavings, a lug, rags that I use to polish cymbals, etc.

So my question to you guys is,

What drum related items are lying around your place?

For me I keep finding cymbal felts everryyywwhhereeeee.

Snare drums. God , they're everywhere!
I'm trapped by snares!!

;)

All of my snares are contained, thankfully.

At my house, it's sticks. This is due to my two kids drumming, and leaving the sticks *somewhere* (basically, anywhere except on the floor tom where they found them...). Then, later, when they or their sibling go to use the kit, wouldn't you know it--the sticks are gone! Gotta get some new sticks out, and then leave them somewhere else in the house when they're done. And on. And on. And on...

Sample brackets, lugs, legs, spurs, tension screws, & several generations of prototype parts/shells. Not in my drum loft, but in my house!!! I keep on bringing them into my office for reference, but they end up wandering all over the place - I have no idea how!

I've been wondering where my cymbal felts have gone. They're over at your place having a party. I can never find one when I need it.

For me its drum keys. I find the darn things in the wash, on my desk at work...really all over the house. Funny thing is whenever I am at a gig I can never find one. Luckily my Iron Cobra has a designed slot and I always leave that key in there for that reason.

Drumsticks! Just ask my wife. They are everywhere.

Cymbal felts are the drumming equivalent of socks that go missing in your dryer.

So I've been drumming for years and noticed a very peculiar phenomenon. Evey time I walk into a room at myplace I find random drum related items. Felts, wingnuts, sticks, stick shavings, a lug, rags that I use to polish cymbals, etc.

For me I keep finding cymbal felts everryyywwhhereeeee.

Drums and lots of young beautiful women with a taste for the bizzare.:):):)

Steve B

Cymbal felts are the drumming equivalent of socks that go missing in your dryer.

Hhahaa! Yes that can be true. I can never find one near my set yet they are everywhere else.

I've been wondering where my cymbal felts have gone. They're over at your place having a party. I can never find one when I need it.

Probably, like the flat dust bunnies that they are, jamming underneath my couch.

For me its drum keys. I find the darn things in the wash, on my desk at work...really all over the house. Funny thing is whenever I am at a gig I can never find one. Luckily my Iron Cobra has a designed slot and I always leave that key in there for that reason.

Oh man! Yes. Same here, I can never find my 5 drum keys anywhere. I'm going to have to make one into a necklace.

Last edited:
Tuning keys. I've never bought one but I have loads of them and find them in random places.

I was chatting to a friend on FB who was complaining that he couldn't find his key, having looked everywhere. I told him it would either be in the fruit bowl or down the side of the sofa. Turned out to be the sofa.

Around my place it's dropped notes. 16th notes mostly.

I find them all over the floor next to the kit when I finish playing, but by then it's too late to use them.

Around my place it's dropped notes. 16th notes mostly.

I find them all over the floor next to the kit when I finish playing, but by then it's too late to use them.

That just made me laff out loud!

Back