The best effect pack? (splash and china)

I would try eBay or Craigslist. In my old age I am finding some real bargains on used stuff.

I'm not sure Z's are the way to go.

I like wuhans for fx. Save a bunch of dough and the chinas sound like... well, what a CHINA is supposed to sound like.

i agree on ebay/craigslist.
You can get a 8" Zildjian A splash in great condition for around $50 or less.
That leaves you $110 for a China. Used is easily doable for that price.If you get a wuhan you will have a lot left over.

I am in the process of buying a lot of cymbals on ebay and just bought a 20" sabian medum ride for only $45.
the deals are out there. Don't buy new.

Thanks for your answers!

I check on ebay and I did found awesome deal that can ship to Quebec in Canada.(where I am). Did someone buy ZXT? If yes, are they great?

Peace

They are what they are, man. If you're going the Zildjian route, I'd hold out for an A Custom or at least an Avedis. I've not been impressed by ZXT splashes. Their chinas are okay, but for what you'd pay, you might was well just get a Wuhan unless you want something different than a traditional china sound. In that case, ZXTs are still a little too metallic for my taste.

To go in another direction, you might consider Saluda. You can get a 10" Mist X splash (comparable to A Custom) for $60, and then for $54-$90 you can have a 18-20" china in either Traditional (basically Wuhan), Brilliant (darker and more mellow), Pre-aged (a bit drier), or M Loco (trashier). The Traditionals are the cheaper ones ($54-63 for 18-20") and the others start at $74 for the 18.

The only thing is that I don't know what shipping would be...

Wuhans are great - you could also try stagg - I bought a Stagg myra splash because it was the best sounding splash in the drum shop (in my opinion)

I bought the ZXT effects pack ages ago and whilst the splash is okay, the china is absolutely awful - it just sounds like a bin lid. I recently upgraded to a Stagg 20" china and that sounds gorgeous, especially as it only cost something like £35.

I use the ZXT 10" flash splash, and it's nothing to write home about. I plan on replacing it eventually.

I finally found what I want for a great price!

Used Sabian AAX chinese 18" - 100 $ Can.

It sound incredible and the price his amazing. (This cymbal cost 225$ US. new)

Thanks to all of you for your help

PS: I think the splash will wait a little bit...

nice price there

but for what its worth im leaning towards the hhx fx pack was thinking of a aa or aax which was for sale at 160 quid a qhile ago shame i missed out could have sold my b8 set and got em.

should have got an xs20 wen i gt tht tho was only a 10er more now my m8 has got some xs20s i could have sold him my fx pack and got my hhx :)

I finally found what I want for a great price!

Used Sabian AAX chinese 18" - 100 $ Can.

It sound incredible and the price his amazing. (This cymbal cost 225$ US. new)

Thanks to all of you for your help

PS: I think the splash will wait a little bit...

Congrats! That's actually the china I use, too. I didn't care for it at first, as the previous owner didn't play it very much, but after a few years of mellowing, it's really a nice sound... especially when you have room to let it speak.

Back