tama silvertars any input

Ryan de Beer

Hi guys. I have had my tama silverstar tamo ash series now for almost 5 years. It is indeed a fantastic drum kit. I love birch and these shells are great. The quality on these however is superior to the initial silverstars that launched in 2011. The sound arc hoops are great, funny thing is I had the superstar before this kit and I way prefer these- the sound is dry and focused yet warm with enough sustain if that's what youre going for. I don't own the matching snare. I play an SLP super aluminium 14x5. Sounds and looks great with the vintage appeal of the silverstars. However, tama did cut costs here- the floor tom leg holders are a bit cheap and bass drum screws are of inferior quality, tom screws seem to be holding out ok as I live 2 kms from the coast. So there's not much needed in terms of upgrading the kit. They sound good with quality coated heads with moon gels and ported bass drum. I'm keen on upgrading the floor tom leg brackets to the SLPs or starclassics and replacing the BD screws with stainless gibraltors..what's your guy's thoughts?

If this kit's giving you the sound you want (and you post seems to say it is), by all means go for it.

Back