Rush cover - la villa strangiato, Zoom H1 and Kodak Zi8 Test

Numberonefan

Hey all. What do you think of this? It's an impromptu band my son put together but the drums or his playing sound good to me... trouble is I'm not a drummer! I'm told don't even bother to cover rush if you can't do it perfect... Why is that?
What do you think anyway?

It's also a test of the new Zoom H1 in a High SPL environment into my Kodak Zi8 in low light. Unfortunately the video has been stepped on through a few conversions. Zi8 outputs a .mov file then converted to .avi then into movie maker and output again so I'm not going to be so hard on it.

I must say I was a little disappointed in the H1. There are several parts where the gain jumps dramatically but I had it fixed rather than the auto setting where I mite have expected this.
For 99 bucks it is better than the built in but not as good as the H2 and H4 recording I have heard.

What do you think of the audio?

Since it's not his real band I just put it up on FB rather than his YouTube channels. I hope you can view this link.

http://www.facebook.com/dave.calderone#!/video/video.php?v=1668786092780&comments

Back