Roland VAD 306 Bass Drum Issue

Poleaux

Just bought a Roland VAD (Acoustic Design) 306 drum kit. Love it! However, my DW 5000 double bass drum pedal doesn’t stay clamped on to the 18” bass drum rim. It appears that the two front bass drum spurs loosen up and fall away during playing and the very lightweight bass drum starts creeping and slides out from the kick pedal’s clamp.

Anyone else have this problem? Solution?

You might need to adjust your spurs in some way. Possibly extend them to where the front rim is off the floor. One thing that can help is to put velcro on the bottom of the pedal and make sure it 'catches' on your drum rug or carpet

Thanks. The spurs are extended and the spikes are exposed. Apparently they loosen up as I play and fall away, so they don’t prop the bass drum anymore. I tighten them as much as possible, but they still get loose. Any suggestions on how to keep them from loosening up?

I haven't been close up but if you can stack a washer on the screw that tightens the spur try 1 or 2, maybe a lock washer. Maybe call Roland and see what they say. Again the velcro thing might work too.

Attachments

• spur.jpg
    spur.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 3
I like the lock washer idea – will try that.

Also, I haven’t gotten around to adding the supplied Velcro strips on the DW 5000, but will do that as well.

Thanks!

Back