Roland TD-1K. Please I am hopelessly desperate.

Click on the properties button!
1616431698798.png

I cant enable it,because its says its not connected you see?

I did click on properties but there is nothing to do I will show you

Attachments

• audio settttttttttttt.png
    audio settttttttttttt.png
    211.3 KB · Views: 2
There is nothing I can do there

Right - so plug something into the hole!

(you should now consult your manual or the support section of your computer manufacturer's website.... :) You may find what you need.... This is now computer support ;) )

I dont follow..I have everything what I should have connected as I stated above...
Its okay...I dont want to ruin your day :) thanks for help anyway..we tried

I dont follow..I have everything what I should have connected as I stated above...
Its okay...I dont want to ruin your day :) thanks for help anyway..we tried

Well, according to your computer there's nothing plugged in. So it's a computer problem you need to sort out .... :( You have nothing plugged in to the audio input it thinks.

I dont know man. Its not pc. Im just doing something wrong. I have headphones plugged in the audio hole and audio cables in the microphone hole..I have tried holes in front of pc and even in the back and same result

Anyway,thanks for your patience and afford to help,I appreciate it but yet once again I am leaving dissapointed..maybe i will get better drums one day

Anyway,thanks for your patience and afford to help,I appreciate it but yet once again I am leaving dissapointed..maybe i will get better drums one day

It's NOT the drums. It's NOTHING to do with the drums. It's your PC -and the way your PC is set up. You need to get a computer friend round to have a look.

Try recording ANY audio source, e.g. plug your phone or an MP3 player or a keyboard etc straight into your PC and record that playing some music for example then you can at least test the audio input on the PC.

Hi guys, I am on the edge of losing my mind. I literally spent months figuring out how to record a song from this drum set. I tried via phone,via usb with audacity,I tried through combo,I read manuals,I watched videos. NOTHING is working for me. I just simply want to play some song in the background and record my drumming. I dont know what should I do. I dont know how. I lost hope. I saw some guys on youtube that they recorded from this drumset so its possible. It would make me incredibly happy during these times. I dont know if I am that stupid that I cant work it out. Probably yes. Is there someone willing to help a drummer in need? Please. I am literally desperate.
Are you connecting the module to the computer via USB? if not how are you recording to audacity?
if you are connecting via usb, make sure you can see your module inside Audacity and that input output is enabled> (Somewhere in Audacity's preferences), then record.
If you want a more complete but still free DAW, get Cakewalk by Bandlab (it used to be sonar). There are plenty of tutorials in YT on how to use it.
Also if your module has a USB port for a USB stick, you might be able to record your drum track straight into that stick. ( I am not sure if it also records the track coming into the module via an aux input, probably not). Then, just bring your drum track to Audacity and create another track for the song you are playing along to. Mix to taste and export.
And can you tell us what drumset you are using? (what module) so that we can see inputs/outputs and can recommend a better method if there is any. If you have an audio interface, then you can connect from the outputs of your module into the inputs of the interface, then from the interface to your computer via usb, then in audacity just select your interface as the audio input/output device create a track for your drums and place your play along song on another and record.
This would be the easiest cleanest way to go since you would have no latency (time it takes between you hitting the drums----signal traveling all that chain---- you hearing it). There are very cheap interfaces with a couple of inputs that you can get if you don't have one.
I recommend any of the Focusrite line. but you don't need an interface if your module has USB.

Last edited:
Back