Regal Tip Update July 2021 - trying again to get info

Frank

Gold Member
Email sent again. Will post to this thread if I uncover any up to date information.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 1:56 PM
Subject: Still in business?
To: <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>

You folks still in business?

If you are not, how about doing a press release so that we know what is going on? Along with, adding a message to your website.

I have been buying your sticks for 50 years - 50. We deserve the respect of proper communication. Drummers around the world are trying to order your sticks to no avail, with no information available.

Is there any stock of Regal Tip Jazz Nylons on the planet?

Frank

They are posting to their Facebook page. Their last post was 3 days ago. Maybe try sending them a message through Messanger.

The OP has a point though. They HAVE to be aware of the confusion amongst drummers looking for their sticks. The courtesy of a production/availability update isn't too much to ask. And believe it or not, there are still folks out there that haven't joined Facebook...

I hated to switch brands but I had to. I can't wait who knows how long for my stick to be back in stock, not to mention tracking down the one or two stores that may have a decent quantity on-hand.

Well, they never responded to the email. That was the second.

Pitiful.

Will try the Facebook page, but, it's unbelievable.

I was sent a notice last week from them via Instagram that my latest batch of sticks was slated to be printed the following day. I assume this means they shipped later in the week, or will be shipping this week.

This is like a lottery win.

They are posting to their Facebook page. Their last post was 3 days ago. Maybe try sending them a message through Messanger.

I just posted, and I also sent them a direct message. I doubt I will hear a thing. They are posting Stuff to their site, but, they are not communicating with anyone. Look at all the comments on the FB page. People are clamoring for product and info, and, they don't bother responding. Unbelievable.

This is all a damn shame because I'm still on the hunt for a pair of their 550w hickory handle fixed (non-retractable) brushes. Absolutely hands down my favorite brushes ever and I can't seem to find them. I'm currently using a vater wood handle brush and it's ok but the handle is much thicker and the wires are much floppier. I LOVE the super thin handle and very stiff wires on the regal tip 550w. If I could order from one of the big name dealers, or regal tip directly, I'd probably grab several pairs just so I'm set for life.

It's all so strange. One person places a direct order and actually gets an order response. Then others email - and - Nothing. Then, Someone at RT repeatedly posts nonsense posts to their FB page, but doesn't bother to respond to anyone commenting.

Textbook Failure.

A smart other stick company should analyze what the top selling RT sticks are, create a brand name for the line - BEAGLE NIP, and actually produce replicas.

I was sent a notice last week from them via Instagram that my latest batch of sticks was slated to be printed the following day. I assume this means they shipped later in the week, or will be shipping this week.

Is there any email address on the shipping notice you received. Anything like: "if you have any questions on your order, email us at _______" ?

Is there any email address on the shipping notice you received. Anything like: "if you have any questions on your order, email us at _______" ?

My understanding is that he is one of their artists and has a signature model stick. If they are at a point where production has dramatically scaled back, they may be focusing all efforts on artist relations and artist models. I'm just guessing honestly. And I'm not saying that against @Living Dead Drummer at all, it was just an observation. I've always appreciated his honest 'insider' insight.

But I do also agree with you that from an outside point of view they don't really seem to be making any attempt to maintain regular public business and are just making random social media posts to give the appearance of still being active.

So, I found the magic address. All the addresses on the website lead to - radio silence.

But, I found the geninfo address at the Facebook page, and it is being monitored by - Michelle Calato.

I have had two rapid replies. However, they are not sharing background information nor confirming if the future business model will be exclusively direct purchase from website. The only information I was given was that it was a family owned company, and, regarding RT Jazz Nylons:
"should be available around 4-6 weeks. You can buy off of our website!"

I'm out. I'm off to my local music store to pick up a test pair of Zildjian 7A Nylon. RT no longer meets minimum requirements for me. Especially after seeing what was and was not in the replies, after asking specific questions and pretty much pleading for information.

Good luck, folks.

My understanding is that he is one of their artists and has a signature model stick. If they are at a point where production has dramatically scaled back, they may be focusing all efforts on artist relations and artist models. I'm just guessing honestly. And I'm not saying that against @Living Dead Drummer at all, it was just an observation. I've always appreciated his honest 'insider' insight.

But I do also agree with you that from an outside point of view they don't really seem to be making any attempt to maintain regular public business and are just making random social media posts to give the appearance of still being active.
Yes, I am one of their artists. I also was their Artist Relations Manager from 2004-2007.
While the day-to-day internal business operations seem to have gone under some drastic changes, I do at least still have knowledge about the manufacturing process of their products, and would like to think that I "know" what it takes for them to go from lumber to stick on the shelf. This, as well as my personal relationship with the Calato family, has probably given my more patience with them than the average consumer.

The message I got from them via Instagram DM was on July 13, stating my sticks were scheduled to be printed the following day. Again, knowing the manufacturing process, this tells me that it would be at least a few more days before they ship. We are a week and a half out from that message, and I have had no further communication. I did ask for a notice of when they will ship, but I don't think they check their social media regularly.

I don't know if any special treatment is being given to artists when it comes to priority on product. I have friends who ordered directly off the website and got their shipment within days. My artist order was placed more than two months ago... Again, I'm a patient man, and also always make sure to order product well in advance of me actually running out of supplies. This however is starting to cut it close.

Anyone looking for Brushes specifically should contact Big Bang Distribution, makers of Ahead Drumsticks. They are a Regal Tip distributor, and while their stock on sticks is low, they do have a healthier stock of brushes. I saw them first hand a week ago.

Hope what little info I can provide is helpful.

It’s really unfortunate. As a new drummer, I never got to experience Regal Tip sticks.

I also really hate when you find a product you love and the company that makes it can’t seem to give a rat’s heinie about getting it to their customers. But luckily in the world of sticks and brushes; there a 9,000,000 other options out there to substitute. Definitely not going to replace your first love, but can get close. You gotta learn how to love it anyway.

Yes, I am one of their artists. I also was their Artist Relations Manager from 2004-2007.
While the day-to-day internal business operations seem to have gone under some drastic changes, I do at least still have knowledge about the manufacturing process of their products, and would like to think that I "know" what it takes for them to go from lumber to stick on the shelf. This, as well as my personal relationship with the Calato family, has probably given my more patience with them than the average consumer.

The message I got from them via Instagram DM was on July 13, stating my sticks were scheduled to be printed the following day. Again, knowing the manufacturing process, this tells me that it would be at least a few more days before they ship. We are a week and a half out from that message, and I have had no further communication. I did ask for a notice of when they will ship, but I don't think they check their social media regularly.

I don't know if any special treatment is being given to artists when it comes to priority on product. I have friends who ordered directly off the website and got their shipment within days. My artist order was placed more than two months ago... Again, I'm a patient man, and also always make sure to order product well in advance of me actually running out of supplies. This however is starting to cut it close.

Anyone looking for Brushes specifically should contact Big Bang Distribution, makers of Ahead Drumsticks. They are a Regal Tip distributor, and while their stock on sticks is low, they do have a healthier stock of brushes. I saw them first hand a week ago.

Hope what little info I can provide is helpful.

Awesome, thanks man! As always I appreciate your transparency and helpful suggestions.

It’s really unfortunate. As a new drummer, I never got to experience Regal Tip sticks.

I also really hate when you find a product you love and the company that makes it can’t seem to give a rat’s heinie about getting it to their customers. But luckily in the world of sticks and brushes; there a 9,000,000 other options out there to substitute. Definitely not going to replace your first love, but can get close. You gotta learn how to love it anyway.
There are 9,000,000 other options, but it's hard when you find "the one." Regal Tip started making the 5BX in 2001. It instantly became my excalibur. I've tried the closest relative model from every single stick company I can get my hands on and NOTHING has been able to feel the same in my hands.

FYI ,i didnt know ?: the Vic firth Co was bought out by the Avedis Zildjian Co about 10 yrs ago as per a Zildjian sales rep.

Vic was making Zildjian's sticks long before they made the merger official. And Regal was (is?) making brushes for both of them.

D'Addario Guitar strings owns Evans & Pro Mark.
DW has distribution for Ovation Guitars and Gretsch Drums, and now owns the Slingerland name.
Ahead Drumsticks has the Rogers drum brand.
Seem's like everyone is pairing up or selling to someone else these days.

Back