Programming and Bass Drum Patterns

What SmoothOperator said. So let’s say “Good Times Bad Times” is one with a bass drum that changes a lot, and Immigrant Song is one that doesn’t, though both are very busy. I’m trying to think of a song that’s not busy but changes the kick every bar or two but I’m drawing a blank. But busy is not always a bad thing. Sometimes it’s exactly what is needed.
I think that to make something more complex just for the sake of it being complex defeats the purpose when the complexity doesn't necessarily serve the music better than a simpler part would. I hate to sound like a cliché but sometimes less is more.

I think he was asking more along the lines of if the customer was adamant to have their programmed drums with no changes, then the recording drummer could learn those parts by charting them, which of course is possible and could be useful as long as the programmed drums made logical sense.
Ya, that was the consensus after I wrote that. I thought it was a more general question.

I think that to make something more complex just for the sake of it being complex defeats the purpose when the complexity doesn't necessarily serve the music better than a simpler part would. I hate to sound like a cliché but sometimes less is more.
Hey, we all have opinions. I would say sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't.

Back