Problem with Roland Handsonic HPD-20

D4ni

I play the congas on 103, I change a set, and as soon as I go back to 103 on the Congas, it gets stuck and on all the sensors there is a sound that sounds like a slap...on all the sensors...or let's say I have a chimes that sounds on one sensor , which I have playing for 4 meters for example.. when it gets stuck and I press the chimes to play, it plays one meter and stops.. it cuts out.. as soon as I turn off the machine and turn it back on, it plays normally for a while and then does it again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230808_072828_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230808_072828_Chrome.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 2
Is it under warranty? Sounds like a hardware issue or software, I'd reach out to the store or Roland. If it's old, I'd probably unscrew those screws, and see if there's any dirt under the pads or anywhere. But first try a factory reset.

Is it under warranty? Sounds like a hardware issue or software, I'd reach out to the store or Roland. If it's old, I'd probably unscrew those screws, and see if there's any dirt under the pads or anywhere. But first try a factory reset.
I can't see which screws you're telling me my friend. I made factory settings. I did a software update. Unfortunately it is out of warrantyI did a software update. Unfortunately it is out of warranty.

I can't see which screws you're telling me my friend. I made factory settings. I did a software update. Unfortunately it is out of warrantyI did a software update. Unfortunately it is out of warranty.
The ones holding the hoop around the pads.. they might be bolts. Just a wild guess. Here's a video, no idea what they say.

I play the congas on 103, I change a set, and as soon as I go back to 103 on the Congas, it gets stuck and on all the sensors there is a sound that sounds like a slap...on all the sensors...or let's say I have a chimes that sounds on one sensor , which I have playing for 4 meters for example.. when it gets stuck and I press the chimes to play, it plays one meter and stops.. it cuts out.. as soon as I turn off the machine and turn it back on, it plays normally for a while and then does it again
Pop the top off (remove the hex screws hold in the rim). Gentle clean under the rubber head on the contact sheet. Very gentle. Replace.

(I did my HPD15).

D.

Back