Pork Pie Rosewood Zebrawood video

pork pie

here is a video of the kit I posted a few weeks ago. Sizes are 8x12, 14x14ft, 14x20 and 5x14. The shells are 100% maple with the Rosewood and Zebrawood veneer. The producer told me there are no enhancements on this kit. Just close mics and the room. The bass drum just kills me. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJsSyvomwc

Be sure to use good headphones.

Attachments

• rz kit st 2 sized.jpg
    rz kit st 2 sized.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 4,320
Man this set looks amazing and sounds even better. not sure I want to know the sticker price on this bad boy though!

The kit sound nice even going through the processing that Youtube and the Internet puts it through. It's a very attractive kit and most probably a bit less expensive than most custom or boutique sets of drums. Another nice touch is a no port hole bass drum micing technique, it really does work well. I never was very much into Pork Pie products, but this one invites a second look and listen.

Dennis

The kit sound nice even going through the processing that Youtube and the Internet puts it through. It's a very attractive kit and most probably a bit less expensive than most custom or boutique sets of drums. Another nice touch is a no port hole bass drum micing technique, it really does work well. I never was very much into Pork Pie products, but this one invites a second look and listen.

Dennis

+1

Not that I need another kit, but this one have put Pork Pie on my watch list.
Nice to see some 'classic' work compared to the more outrageous things they do.
I will be checking the video again using headphones.

I know this is an old thread for sure.. but I'm looking to purchase this kit today. Anyone else still rocking this kit? Any other opinions on it? Goods or bads before I pull the trigger online.

I know this is an old thread for sure.. but I'm looking to purchase this kit today. Anyone else still rocking this kit? Any other opinions on it? Goods or bads before I pull the trigger online.

It definitely looks amazing... what kind of configuration?

It definitely looks amazing... what kind of configuration?

Right now I'm going to do the 13x7 snare, 22x18 kick, 10 and 12 tom and 14x12 floor tom.

But I'm going to call Pork Pie and go all out and also order the custom 8" and 16" toms and run the 14x6.5 snare too.

But when I play out I'll run just a simple 4 piece.

Yeah my plan is to order the extra toms too... never sure if I want to do 2 up 2 down or 1 up 2 down, and it will be nice to have the extra toms for the studio. I'll be curious to know how much the price is for the custom order.

Yeah my plan is to order the extra toms too... never sure if I want to do 2 up 2 down or 1 up 2 down, and it will be nice to have the extra toms for the studio. I'll be curious to know how much the price is for the custom order.

me too.... I found the standard 5 piece is $2300 and all the photos show an extra 16 floor tom but I can't find that online ANYWHERE... and when doing some more searching I found a photo of 3 snare size options and the extra 8 and 16. So that had my very intrigued. I'll be curious to hear what Pork Pie tells me.

Bill Detamore was pretty active on these forums at one time and has always said to give them a call and they'll work with you. I have a Pork Pie brass patina snare and I love it. May want to throw one of those in your order instead of three sizes of wood snares.

Bill Detamore was pretty active on these forums at one time and has always said to give them a call and they'll work with you. I have a Pork Pie brass patina snare and I love it. May want to throw one of those in your order instead of three sizes of wood snares.

I own 6 Pork Pie Snares,
The brass Patina is already in my collection :D
Not only beautiful but snappy and powerful... ear bleeder

I own 6 Pork Pie Snares,
The brass Patina is already in my collection :D
Not only beautiful but snappy and powerful... ear bleeder

Haha definitely. I used it with a Genera HD Dry head and some moon gel to cut out the ring, but was great for live non-mic'd gigs

Back