I think it needs a lot more groove and you need to be deeper in the "pocket".

its funk, have some fun and get crazy! :D

Sounds like a fun track to play. I can hear some cool backbeats going in there during the ride part. Nice...thx for posting.

Sounds like a fun track to play. I can hear some cool backbeats going in there during the ride part. Nice...thx for posting.
Agreed. The 16ths get a bit much, & lighten the vibe. Going to 4's or 8's & concentrating on a strong backbeat would drive the backing track better imo. Some flavour from the bass drum would lift things too.

Agree with Nodiggie that it looks like a fun song to play and you're playing with energy and passion. I also agree with Andy about the 16ths.

It seems to me that you're playing what you think you should play rather than just making it groove. I've made the same mistake plenty of times.

Now I know that once you simplify to a point where you're relaxed and can get things grooving then it's easier to find feature spots in the song to accent (or lay out). A few of the transitions in that tune were screaming for a bit of colour and it's not so easy to do that when you're flat out playing lots of notes.

Jordster, you have the tools to play this a fair bit better than you did in the clip.

Back