Pedal mounted triggers

bud7h4

Silver Member
Anyone using triggers under your pedal foot board, like On Trigger and Axis E3? How do you like them, and what other brands are out there?

I have Axis Ekits on my Axis pedals but I need something for my Speed Cobras.

I have the e3's.. I like them more than the ekits,, but i prefer the roland drum mounted trigger still..

The e3's are better than the ekits.. no wimpy little hammer.. They did trigger nice.. I often rest my beater though on the left making any pedal mount iffy.. Thats 20 years of a bad habit kicking in haha.

I'd probably sell em if you were interested as they are not getting used.

I really like the Roland RT trigger but I'm able to lower my toms more without that trigger in the way. That was one of the reasons for switching to pedal mounted triggers.

I'll sent you a PM about your E3s.

Last edited:
I really like the Roland RT trigger but I'm able to lower my toms more without that trigger in the way. That was one of the reasons for switching to pedal mounted triggers.

I'll sent you a PM about your E3s.

You have a point with this.. my toms are further back and offest to the left due to this. I'd love to be able to hang em over the bass drum. The best thing about pedal mounted triggers (e3/ekits) when you hit the floor tom and snare at the same time they don't go off either.

I'm using the Trick SB-1 laser triggers.

They are really awesome! No false triggering.

Unfortunately, I have the older generation, which have some really odd cables to connect, which can take a while.

Once set up though, they are amazing to use and pretty much indestructible.

Late question to the thread: how much, if any, dynamics are the Axis E3s (or any pedal mounted triggers) capable of? I realize this isn’t a consideration for some heavy players, but I’ll want to get at least a medium-ish dynamic range from them and I don’t see any reviews covering this. Probably be using a Roland TM-2 as the module.

Appreciate any feedback from users!

Late question to the thread: how much, if any, dynamics are the Axis E3s (or any pedal mounted triggers) capable of? I realize this isn’t a consideration for some heavy players, but I’ll want to get at least a medium-ish dynamic range from them and I don’t see any reviews covering this. Probably be using a Roland TM-2 as the module.

I wondered the same thing when I first started researching what triggers to get. I’ve never used any of the pedal mounted triggers, but have read that you can control dynamics. To what extent I’m not sure.

The Axis E-kit triggers I was using provided dynamics.

Check with 66Samus. He uses Axis pedals & did a vid on this very thing.

Pedal trigger is another brand reasonably priced and very easy to DIY your own with one of those aluminium pieces they use to stabilize your finger... and a piezo plus 1/4 inch connector...
http://pedaltrigger.com/ yes they provide dynamics but it also depends on your module settings and not on the trigger itself. (on this case)

Back