Paiste PST5 Medium Ride

Ginger_Beakey

I'm looking to buy a Paiste PST5 Medium Ride cymbal, does anyone have any thoughts or comments on this product?

I have not played the PST but, I did own some Pasts for a while and I was shocked at how good they sound for the price. I actually felt like they were light years above the BS and sounded better the the Zits. I believe the PST is higher up in the line. So depending on the price and your budget it might be a good way to go.

I had one for a while. It's not bad. If that's what's in your wallet, go for it. You can do better, but you can do much worse.

a fellow drummer i know has them, and they dont sound bad at all

ride is perky, hats are hatty

all and all,

theyre very decent for the price

Ginger,

I suppose this would depend on how good your computer speakers are, but it seems the soundfiles at Paiste's website are actually quite accurate.
I was just over there last night, listening to different cymbals and "A-B" ing them off of their examples of what I curently own, and I noted that their soundfile for the cymbals I have now are extremely close to what my cymbals actually sound like.

...so if nothing else, you could go over to Paiste's site and see what the ride sounds like.

Elvis

Ginger,

I suppose this would depend on how good your computer speakers are, but it seems the soundfiles at Paiste's website are actually quite accurate.
I was just over there last night, listening to different cymbals and "A-B" ing them off of their examples of what I curently own, and I noted that their soundfile for the cymbals I have now are extremely close to what my cymbals actually sound like.

...so if nothing else, you could go over to Paiste's site and see what the ride sounds like.

Elvis

Thats something they are known for. Because the way they manufacture cymbals is diff. then the Turks.

Back