Paid It Forward

mmulcahy1

Platinum Member
This morning I brought my Ludwig Acrolite and a set of Sabian cymbals (14/16/18/20) to school and presented them to our band director. He was totally psyched about getting a (new to him) pristine snare drum and a good set of cymbals - you should see the old ones, cracked, keyholed, and in just terrible shape.

I gotta admit, it felt good to pay these items forward, but it left me with a little hole inside. These were the first two items I purchased after I got my Gretsch kit and they will always hold a special place within me. Now, they will be used on a regular basis, though, and that's what these instruments are for!!

That's really lovely of you, especially as it wasn't an easy thing to do.

Congratulations on your win, by the way. I only said a general "congratulations" to everybody but I meant to say a particular one to you :)

What does paid it forward mean?????

Paying back means, obviously, to do something nice for somebody who's done something nice for you. Paying it forward is to do something nice for somebody who hasn't, in the expectation that they will, in turn, do something nice for somebody else, and that a chain of good events will ensue.

Very nice gesture. Very proud to be on a forum with this class of people.

Paying back means, obviously, to do something nice for somebody who's done something nice for you. Paying it forward is to do something nice for somebody who hasn't, in the expectation that they will, in turn, do something nice for somebody else, and that a chain of good events will ensue.

Thanks. You are a font of knowledge.

Hey Mitch sorry I missed this until now.

I concur with Rich, great gesture.

Spread the bounty.

I've been hearing from kids all this last week about how stoked they are to get to play the Acrolite and the cymbals. It's been a really good feeling.

I encourage everyone here to take a good look at their amount of gear and good fortune then pass at least one piece on to someone who could use it.

Cheers!

Mitch

Kudos on your donation.

I have an old Ludwig Accent with B8's that is a bit of a boomerang kit. I give it away, it comes back a year later, I give it away again, etc... It cleans up real nice.

HX0Uy49.jpg

The bass player I hang with will be taking it home next week for his kids.

Kudos on your donation.

I have an old Ludwig Accent with B8's that is a bit of a boomerang kit. I give it away, it comes back a year later, I give it away again, etc... It cleans up real nice.

The bass player I hang with will be taking it home next week for his kids.

I guess there's no need to worry on your part, then. It'll be back in your possession again in the future. :)

Nice starter kit for the kids though!

Let's keep it going!!!

Spreading the love for drumming with these acts of giving.
A "win-win" situation if there ever was one.

Guitar player's young adult son wanted to buy my Tama Silverstar hyper-drive set in July. Did not sell but told him if I ever sold it, he'd get a good deal. Inspired in part by the generous giving on the other thread, I woke 2 days in a row in mid Nov thinking about that set and Kyle and decided to give it to him. Threw in the 7x13 G Maple SLP snare. I called them the next Sat - they thought they were coming over to check it out. He went home with a 5 pc, plus snare, and new cymbal money in his pocket. This felt better than getting any drum or drum gear. I'm told he is on it hours on end each day!

Cool thread, Mitch! Rock on my DW brothers and sisters!

Last edited:
These are some big items being given away. I've given some smaller items away, but not a nice kit, whole set of cym. etc. Very generous, and selfless acts. Kudos to you.

Bravo! You guys blow me away. Such generosity and selflessness. You've inspired me. I'm going to start thinking about to whom to donate a snare drum. I've got a few that I never play.

Bravo! You guys blow me away. Such generosity and selflessness. You've inspired me. I'm going to start thinking about to whom to donate a snare drum. I've got a few that I never play.

Great thought! I think most everyone has items in their arsenal that they don't use much anymore and these things, whether it be a snare drum, a cymbal, or even a pair of sticks deserve to be used and not sitting on a shelf somewhere collecting dust.

Spreading the love-what it's all about. Just love this!

Back