Online buying and selling....shipping slowness yet full priced shipping rates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m currently in the process of earning my masters degree. I enrolled at an expensive college that was closer to home so I could do “in person” classes. I could have enrolled online for significantly less. Guess what my classes have turned into?

I feel you, but that’s just life right now.

They'll leave it if you leave a signed note on the door.
Or if your UPS mychoice registered, you can just sign for delivery on the portal as well as leave drop off instruction. I’m a happy camper - bless those folks in the industry!
?
34C201C4-FDC5-49A6-8335-85B46DF19AC8.jpeg

One of my spawn works at a FedEx hub. Ever since Mid-March he says it’s been like Christmas. The volume is enough for FedEx to allow for 40+ hour weeks to their full-time employees. And if you’ve ever shuttled 40–80 pound boxes for a day, imagine doing it for 6 nights a week, every week. FedEx wants to limit handlers to 32 hours per week so they don’t burn out, but some weeks they need more throughput.

When I sell on ebay, I send everything Priority Mail by default, which as we all know, used to be 2-3 days guaranteed anywhere in the Lower 48. After I had multiple items take 7-10 days or more (to go about 200 miles no less), I went to the post office and spoke to one of the managers or "Shift Supervisors". They specifically told me that 2-3 days is no longer guaranteed, they are saying it is now 5-7 days, and may take up to 14 days.
Seems like you need to change your "default" method of shipping. Doing the same thing over and over again an expecting different results is a working definition of insanity.:LOL:

I get Priority Mail stuff sent to me, on a fairly regular basis (from all over the country) and have never experienced this. When I ship drum stuff, I always use Parcel Select Ground. Never been let down.

I ordered a snare drum eight days ago. Normally I would receive it in two to three days, it has been in the mail system for seven days so far. I don't expect that it will arrive before Tuesday, ten days after it was shipped. (The Bronx to Pittsburgh, 350 miles.) These are not normal times, I don't expect normal service. I'm sure that the cost to the post office to provide service has gone up quite a bit, and I appreciate the effort that they are putting forth.

The important part of this story is that the drum is a DW Collector's Series maple/walnut/maple Super Solid Edge. It should be worth the wait. :D

Last edited:
You all need to lighten up a little. This is a drum forum not a medical or shipping forum. Smoke a little smoke drink a little drink and relax.

I would consider paying full price like hazard pay for them.

My wife and kid are in store grocery shoppers for InstaCart. They are actually getting hazard pay right now in the form of a monthly bonus since this whole thing started.

Since the start of the pandemic, I have ordered a Trick driveshaft and new pads/rotors/hardware for all 4 wheels on my car. Both items arrived on time, and the driveshaft was actually a day early.

These people must come in contact with way more folks than I would be willing to right now. I personally feel they deserve more money.

My wife and kid are in store grocery shoppers for InstaCart. They are actually getting hazard pay right now in the form of a monthly bonus since this whole thing started.

Since the start of the pandemic, I have ordered a Trick driveshaft and new pads/rotors/hardware for all 4 wheels on my car. Both items arrived on time, and the driveshaft was actually a day early.

These people must come in contact with way more folks than I would be willing to right now. I personally feel they deserve more money.

Can we talk about something else I get enough of this from the news I try not to watch. This is a DRUM forum.

Can we talk about something else I get enough of this from the news I try not to watch. This is a DRUM forum.

Did I mention?

"The important part of this story is that the drum is a DW Collector's Series maple/walnut/maple Super Solid Edge. It should be worth the wait."

Last edited:
USPS had my cymbal for twenty days recently ( from St. Louis area to eastern PA). A small box from EU was here in three.

First, fewer people are going out to stores and ordering online. Therefore more shipping and more work. Also some shippers are using fewer people, because of distancing, so fewer people to handle more packages. At this time I would not expect miracles and try to order in advance or as soon as you need something. Because of my side business I deal with Fedex, UPS and the USPS daily. Delays happen and are going to continue to happen. Peace and Love ...

By far right now, the smartest option to select, when available, is free shipping. That way, you pay nothing and aren't upset when an item doesn't arrive in two days. Flexibility is the name of the game in our current world. Those with strict expectations are condemned to disappointment. Why sustain that mindset when doing so is a losing battle?

Reactions: J-W
Take a deep breath and just cut everyone some slack. Hopefully the world is in a better place by this time next year.
i would but $200 is still $200 and no chance I’ll get it back regardless of how things will be a year from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back