Once is not enough

braincramp

Gold Member
I just bought my favorite ride ever a 20" Paiste signature dry ride 20" ( not the dry heavy just dry). I had this cymbal about 10 years ago and held on to it longer than any other ride I've ever had. I'm constantly swapping gear as I'm know a lot of fellow members here do also. The only other piece of gear I have bought more than once are acrolites (3 or 4) and the LM402 supra. Have you had a cymbal or snare that you just had to buy for the second time?

Yes - several doubles, a triple, and don't even get me started on New Beats -
I've lost track of how many sets of those I've had (and have - ha ha).

he means buy, re-sell, regret the sale...then re-buy.

yes i have done the same with 2 Acrolites, 3 New beats.
I regretted selling the first acrolite, so bought second, but sold that one when I got an LM400. Done there.
After buying and selling 3 sets of New beats over 5 years I told myself to not buy New beats anymore. Done there too.

Exactly Opentune. Buy. Sell. Regret. Buy again. I guess the more I think back it is pretty common I've owned a couple other cymbals two different times. Sweet ride and 18" HHX ozone evo. To name two more.

I would like to get another Tama 1st Chair like the one that I already have.
Now that I think about it, I'm on my 2nd 16" XS-20 crash.

Last edited:
I have a few 21" Raw Bell Dry Rides. One is a AA, one is an AAX, and one is Hand Hammered.

I Had 2 Armand Zildjain rides, gave one away.

I'm always swapping out gear, and then acquiring other gear - does that count? Probably not.

Although, as far as cameras go, I once had a Canon EOS-1v, then sold it, then just bought another one a year later because it totally rocks my film photography. I also had a Nikon FM camera long ago when I first started out and discovered that (like the old Camco pedals) I've made all my modern cameras act just like it. So if I buy another Nikon FM, that'll be the second instance ;)

I've had a couple of sets of 80's K/Zs due to a top hat breaking.

I swapped an original 20" K Custom for a 22" 2002 Heavy Ride which I still own. Ended up buying another original K Custom 20" about 3 years back.

I've had a lockup for the past 6 years so I can hoard cymbals

I've had a few snares and cymbals that I just didn't like the sound of "at the time," so I sold them. I have since learned the errors of my ways, and know that tastes come and go weekly, which is why it is important to rotate gear regularly, and never sell anything on a whim.

For me, these have specifically been DW Collector's snares, Ludwig Supraphonics, Pork Pie B.O.B.s, 15" New Beats, 20" HHX Stage Ride, 14" HHX Evolutions (anything, really)...

I've only bought a piece of gear twice, I got a Paiste Traditional Light Ride and bought another, just so I could stick 4 rivets in it. Now I'm satisfied…but I still want 2 Master Dark Ride's so I can do the same.

Should go to gearholics anonymous.

I regretfully sold my first snare, a Yamaha SD-415MK, but a few years later found and bought another one (will never part with it). Considering there aren't that many of that model (in Australia at least) I feel lucky I came across it..

Dutch

I regretfully sold my first snare, a Yamaha SD-415MK, but a few years later found and bought another one (will never part with it). Considering there aren't that many of that model (in Australia at least) I feel lucky I came across it..

Dutch

Are you sure it's not the same one? I've seen that happen before ;)

I'm not sure if it counts, but I've purchased 3 Crashes of Doom, due to them breaking outside of the warranty. And two Zildjian China trashes, and two Sand Rides. I don't tend to sell a lot of gear, I seem to break it first.

-Jonathan

I've purchased a total of 4 Zildjian 21" Sweet Rides in the last 10-12 years but I never had more than one at the same time!
One was stolen and replaced with another Sweet Ride that I sold when I took a couple years off of drumming, when I got back into drumming I got another one right away and traded it for a Meinl Byzance Medium Ride that I traded for a brilliant sweet ride that I sold, and I just bought Sweet Ride #4 a few months ago!

Back