No "endorsement", but people still bought something because of you

I doubt it....

...but someone would have to tell me for me to be sure...and that has not happened.

Biggest issue would be that I don't believe there is A brand of something that everyone should use...and it seems disingenuous to claim such a thing.(an obvious putting of $ above your respect for the people you might influence)

I know someone on this forum bought a Sabian AA 18" El Sabor due to how I described it. Peace and goodwill.

I don't know if I qualify for the conversation. I have been endorsing specific products for over 20 years, and while I have changed brands on a few things I know that anything I endorsed at the time I always would recommend to others. I know for a fact I'm single handedly responsible for at least 10 Yamaha drum kit sales, and a large number of Paiste & Aquarian sales. During my time endorsing Regal Tip I think 75% of my students all played them as well, and with Ahead sticks I've turned many drummers onto trying them out. Some even on this forum!

I have a couple..

I've "sold" a couple rock-n-roller carts based on other drummers seeing me use mine. How can an easier load-in/out not be at the top of one's to-do list?

That, and I recently turned a friend of mine on to the Paiste 602 MEs after he heard me play them. He went out and bought the ride and a couple crashes. I'm not sure if he's completely converted away from Zildjian, but I'm trying...

I did have a reasonable level endorsement deal with Amedia cymbals a good few years ago. When my friend Alex took over the UK distribution for Amedia, I parked that deal as it just didn’t seem right to continue. From that point onwards, I am aware of several drummers who’ve bought Amedia cymbals after hearing them live at one of my gigs, & a few that have bought as a result of Guru honest capture videos.

Ive gotten a lot of recommendations from drummers on here. one item i still use is the the gibraltar quick release hi hat clutch from a recommendation here. Locally ive given gear advice that people have followd with purchaes too.

ive not really ben influenced by the big players in my gear choices, but ive got a few poeple who now use the same cymbal company as me and drumstick company as me as they liked the sound of my cymbals and feel of my drumsticks :)

I did have a reasonable level endorsement deal with Amedia cymbals a good few years ago. When my friend Alex took over the UK distribution for Amedia, I parked that deal as it just didn’t seem right to continue. From that point onwards, I am aware of several drummers who’ve bought Amedia cymbals after hearing them live at one of my gigs, & a few that have bought as a result of Guru honest capture videos.
i started using amedia not long after alex took over, became decent friends with him and continued using amedia and recently balbex when he took over the distribution of them, still use both even though he no longer runs either though :)

Back