New Music

Stick-Trick

A Song from my new band. Everything recorded in the living room of the singer.

This is my first thread in a very very long time, so let's hope for the best.

Attachments

• Fall Away-Final.mp3
    3.2 MB · Views: 95
So great to have you posting here Lutz, & what an entrance!!!!

I was captured from the first note. Simple structure, & just superb playing for the song from start to finish. I love the way you come in with the cymbals to mirror the opening bass flurry - very classy. Low tuning on the snare too - didn't expect that given the swing feel at the start. What snare?

Is that a Kazoo solo? Please excuse my ignorance if I've just severely downgraded someone's nice instrument. Either way, it worked. In the same way I expected a high snare tuning but got a low one, I expected a buttery sax solo but got something with much more "attitude".

I just think this song and performance is so fresh, yet follows classic lines.

Yes, it was a Kazoo. :) We,re just a Trio, so our singer plays also piano and the only Instrument he can play while playing piano is the Kazoo.

Snare is a Pork Pie, tuned as low as possible. I wanted the snare to be really low to get a nice contrast to the silvery cymbal sound.

A great example of taste and elegance, Lutz. Apart from the kazoo solo, obviously but that just adds some surrealism to an otherwise ethereal soundscape.

I know you're a monster player but this is a great example of having 'more in the tank' so that you can excel at even relatively simple forms.

You're the man.

That was friggin cool. A kazoo solo? How cool is that? The drums just melted in the cracks, nice accompaniment. You used the space so beautifully.

Yo lutzyboy, hows it hangin'? About time you posted something!
Really nice ballad type of song, nice mix and the kazoo solo just tops it off. Nice!

Thanks guys. I'm glad that you guys like the direction I've been taking.

I have a question though:
Has the Your Playing section always been this deserted? Most of the threads here have less than 10 views... What happened?

I could also remember this wrong, but I think this part of the forum has been more busy in the past.

Back