NAMM Photos, Anyone?

Hey All,

I just checked some Web sites and Tama has updated their products (and, as usual, Yamaha hasn't yet).

Tama now has a Starclassic Bubinga Elite kit--basically, just different finishes and fancy seamlessness. They also have a new Warlord snare, the Titan--a titanium snare.

Each series has received new finishes, the coolest of which in my opinion is the Starclassic Bubinga Omni-tune "Sunny Yellow" finish. Finally!! Sadly, you cannot get the yellow finish in the SC Bubinga normal or Maple series, though.

Check them out: http://www.tama.com

Tama is one of my few favorites, however, now all we have to do is wait a few more years before they get rid of those awful un-finished bass hoops with the crapbrown inner surface to completely RUIN colors like Yellow, or ANYTHING else. Knock it off Tama. Please!

Anyone seen any info on the Tama Starworks line yet? I haven't been able to find anything on it.

Anyone seen any info on the Tama Starworks line yet? I haven't been able to find anything on it.

It's a new line for the extreme low-end scale of the market. I read a comment on another forum that said it even had plastic hardware, but that has not been confirmed (and sounds very fishy). Whether it replaces an existing line (most likely the Imperialstar) or not remains to be seen. In any case, it more than likely won't be anything to write home about, just a new low-end kit.

Phantastic pics - hmm, didn't found out, who shot them...??? !!! Need copyright permission for use on DW.

Bernhard

Back