Mapex Saturn SE Walnut\Birch

What a beautiful kit..Mapex has fantastic finishes.

I look at that finish like once a week ever since it came out. One of the best finishes I have ever seen. Congrats!

Beautiful finish, i bet they sound great as well. My Mapex meridian maples look and sound awesome also so i can't complain at all. Great looking kit!

edit: Sorry to revive this thread. I just had to chime in.

Seems like somebody grabbed some ocean waves and sandwiched it between 2 layers of lacquer- what an amazing look (I'm also a fan of black chrome- really makes it pop)!

Thanks. The finish is lacquered produced in China of all places. The hardware is black chrome. I wasn't sure I'd be a big fan...but the black works with the color.

Gorgeous.....2 questions. Is that a wrap or done by the worlds best painter? and is the hardware black chrome or just the lighting?

I saw a guy on tv make a table that looked like that, not blue, and he had to do it under a steam press before the finish to get the wrinkle flat. it was crazy, and if this is the same thing its just nuts!!

That is maple burl. Read up on burl, it's those big knots on the trunks of trees. When you take a cross section of that, the wood looks all wavy. This is a natural wood grain, and most certainly not painted or wrapped! I have the Sienna Fade. This Ocean is so lovely, and the Moss one is my favorite.

Mapex and Sabian...my kind of gear. Peace and goodwill.

Back