Making a Guitar...

darkstar442

Ok, well I started guitar around august or september and I love it almost as much as drums so... I decided I want to try and make a guitar just for fun. I have been doing some research and it doesnt seem extremely hard with my dads help(he owns an interior woodmill). I would have plenty of tools but I was just wondering:

What type of Brigde,Pickups and other very important parts should I get.
Also should I buy a pre-made neck or should I try to make one.

I have instructions for it all. I would really appretiate your help and I know this isnt the best place to get guitar info but I get the way better help here than any guitar site.

www.ultimate-guitar.com

thats your best bet..

but, i wouldnt make your own neck...i would buy a pre-made one.

cause, when you get into putting the truss rod in, and getting it the right length and all that stuff...its very tough...i wouldn't mess with the neck.

you can get guitar bodies already made from www.warmoth.com..they are nice!

but, since you have a woodmill, you could make your own..

but, what kind of music do you play? cause, pickup's matter on that..

Alex

ok thanks i am planning on making a B.C rich warlock type body but i play death metal. but i love soloing

bjm is absoulutely right. Bunch of knobs they are. But the guys over in GB&C are alright (that's where you want to be for building a guitar). As for pickups, I would personally reccomend you buy EMGs since they really are the workhorse of metal pickups, everything from old school thrash to modern styles of death metal you really can't go wrong and don't listen to what anyone else says the clean sounds are amazing too (although you probably won't be even using them!)

In terms of the bridge, what sort of budget do you have? Because i could reccomend an Original Floyd Rose locking trem or a $25 hardtail bridge. It all depends on what you can afford.

well this will prob be a long project so i will get money on the way so around 300.

Back