Ludwig Supraphonic 400 Snare Drum

Michdrums

PRO DRUMMER
Hi everyone,
I have a load of gear in storage that I never use, so was thinking of selling this lovely snare. I believe it's around mid 80's by the logo?
Where is the best place to sell drums?
Also help in pricing items.
I have a beautiful 5 piece Maple Signia kit and a couple of other snares too.
Thank you
Michele :)

Attachments

• IMG_5156.jpg
    IMG_5156.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,276
  • IMG_5157.jpg
    IMG_5157.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,048
  • IMG_5159.jpg
    IMG_5159.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,111
You can probably expect to receive $200 to $300 for this snare. These are great snares, ut Ludwig has made a TON of these snares which keeps the cost down.

Hi everyone,
I have a load of gear in storage that I never use, so was thinking of selling this lovely snare. I believe it's around mid 80's by the logo?
Where is the best place to sell drums?
Also help in pricing items.
I have a beautiful 5 piece Maple Signia kit and a couple of other snares too.
Thank you
Michele :)

The best place to buy and sell drums is still Ebay.You'll reach a much broader audience,and will usually get a higher resale value for your drums.

Those mid 80's Ludwig Supraphonics sell for 200-300 US,and slightly more in the UK .

Bear in mind that condition is everything.A good cleaning job and clear photos go a long way in getting you the most value out of your sale.

Your drum has the Chicago transition badge that was only used for brief period of time,before Ludwig moved their operation to North Carolina.

You should also check the completed auctions on Ebay to get an accurate picture of what the current market value is on your drums.

Remember also that pick up items generally sell for less than items that the seller is willing to ship.Those fees must be factored in the sale price also.

If you have any other questions concerning selling your kit,please feel free to ask away.

Steve B

If I can get in on this (without intending to hijack the thread in any way), does anyone know what I might expect to make on a c.1980 Ludwig LB552 bronze Supraphonic (located in the UK)?

You kind of ,DID hijack the thread.That model is selling for slightly less than used black beautys in the U.S,but condition IS everything.

Without clear pics though,It's tough to tell without a crystal ball.

Like I stated in my previous post.....check Ebay completed auctions, to get an idea of current market value where you live.

Steve B

Michele, I'm sure both the Ludwig snare & the Signia kit will attract interest at the right price. I'm not that knowledgeable on either to advise you on value, but a good clean & good quality pictures will really help an Ebay sale.

I'm know there's someone fairly close at hand that can help out with the pictures ;) ;) ;)

Andy.

It depends on what the Signia is. They're quite sought after (and rightly so). You've described them to me before but I cannot remember for the life of me what you said. There's probably over a grand on the Signia kit for resale.

For the Supra, £250 sounds about right. If it were the 6.5" model, it would be a little more.

Post away, Michele!

Thank you ALL for taking the time to reply.
Much appreciated :))
I think it's eBay for all this gear, crazy that it sits here year after year
not being used !
Thank you all again
Michele

Thank you ALL for taking the time to reply.
Much appreciated :))
I think it's eBay for all this gear, crazy that it sits here year after year
not being used !
Thank you all again
Michele
Just a pleasure to have you chime in here Michele :)

If you can post pictures of your Signia, the guys here will be able to advise you more accurately, & that could help you get your Ebay listing just right.

Back