Ludwig Atlas Double Pedal

Jbravo

I’ve had this for awhile now, and adjusted to taste. It’s a really nice, smooth pedal. It is somewhat similar in feel to my previous DW 5000 double.

The only thing I’m going to change are the beaters. When I tried a Trick Pro1 V, I didn’t get on well with it, but it was a wonderfully well made pedal. I made a leather disc for the face of the beater, and loved it. So I’m going to get a couple of Trick beaters to replace the stock felt ones on the Ludwig, and I’ll add the leather discs.

I have no problem recommending the pedal to anyone. It’s a nice pro quality pedal that I find suits me well. After trying the Trick, I’ve realized basic and solid is good for me. I don’t need cutting edge bells and whistles on a pedal.

Attachments

• 8030C996-234B-4870-BA1B-A3A145B2F39F.jpeg
    8030C996-234B-4870-BA1B-A3A145B2F39F.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 124
I tried a Ludwig Atlas pedal at the store and liked it. I also like the aesthetic of the Speed King foot board. It looks classy.

It seems all the major brands have highly rated pedals these days. They're all very dependable. That is, after all, the most important thing.

Is the Atlas stuff made by Gibraltar by chance? I've heard this is the case for other manufacturers, so I'm curious.

I tried a Ludwig Atlas pedal at the store and liked it. I also like the aesthoetic of the Speed King foot board. It looks classy.

It seems all the major brands have highly rated pedals these days. They're all very dependable. That is, after all, the most important thing.

Is the Atlas stuff made by Gibraltar by chance? I've heard this is the case for other manufacturers, so I'm curious.

I’ve often wondered that myself. Maybe Bermuda knows?

Back