Live From My Drum Room With David Uosikkinen of The Hooters!

Good one, John. I met Dave U around 2006 at a reception for Jim Chapin, hosted by DW at SIR in Manhattan. DW invited all the NY/NJ/CT endorsers, and I brought my friend, Charlie Z, who was overwhelmed at all the famous drummers in the room. They gave Jim a lifetime achievement award that night. There were multiple DW sets there for the playing, and Dave and I traded fours for a few minutes. It was a very nice night.

I had the pleasure of hearing Jim Chapin tell me, "You play some nice things, but your left hand is all wrong!" Then, he went on to school me on the Moeller technique.

The keyboard player ( i think he may have sang and wrote their hit song?) a[[roached us at a gig and he asked to sit in with us sometime. We had him play a gig with us, it was a blast!

Good one, John. I met Dave U around 2006 at a reception for Jim Chapin, hosted by DW at SIR in Manhattan. DW invited all the NY/NJ/CT endorsers, and I brought my friend, Charlie Z, who was overwhelmed at all the famous drummers in the room. They gave Jim a lifetime achievement award that night. There were multiple DW sets there for the playing, and Dave and I traded fours for a few minutes. It was a very nice night.

I had the pleasure of hearing Jim Chapin tell me, "You play some nice things, but your left hand is all wrong!" Then, he went on to school me on the Moeller technique.
Hey Bob I was there too - I tagged along with Billy Ward...

Hey Bob I was there too - I tagged along with Billy Ward...
We probably met that night. You never know. My buddy who I brought, Charlie Z, has gone on to some success in the music world.

Back