left foot failing, any ideas?

I have had a double pedal for a few months but havent been able to play it much and now im noticing how much my left foot sucks!

I'm sorry if there is another post like this but i'm wondering what are some good exercised for the left foot? What beats arent that fast but will help build up muscles in my left foot?

thanks!

Move the syncopated beats to your right foot so that your left foot will be on the primary beats instead of the more common tendency to lead with the right.

If you have a tendency to open and close your hats with your left then you should find this an easy transition. if you dont regularly keep time with your left foot, you will find this exercise excellent to strengthen your left foot and rewire your mind to pay even attention to your left foot.

Also try playing regular single bass patterns with your left foot on the bass drum and your right foot doing nothing. Just drop the hats closed and focus on your left foot getting stronger.

Rock out!

How? im not sure how to when i am playing on my hihat and don't want it to open.

What about psssht accents with the hats? Not playing that kind of music?

Also, when you're playing your ride or toms you can play quarters on the hats, the 1 and 3 or the 2 and 4. It can add a bit of flavour. Things that are felt rather than heard can make a big difference to how a beat feels.

I have had a double pedal for a few months but havent been able to play it much and now im noticing how much my left foot sucks!

I'm sorry if there is another post like this but i'm wondering what are some good exercised for the left foot? What beats arent that fast but will help build up muscles in my left foot?

thanks!

Like crazy 8s said you can practice singles on your left foot to build up faster speed. No matter what though the chances are your right foot is always going to be a little faster then the left. Just work on timing and they will even themselves out. I like to keep my left foot up a bit higher then my right foot for a faster reaction time. Try laid to rest by Lamb Of God it's a consistent double bass speed through the whole song.

the song i am trying to play is afterlife by avenged sevenfold.

I can play it all but there are only 8 bursts of 4 double bass in a row through the whole song but it is fast.(32nd notes) that are kind of a 50 percent chance i get so i always mess up a few times during the song.

Back