Jerry Granelli drummer on all that Charlie Brown

Don't know if the interview mentions, but I believe he also drummed on "Monster Mash" (great lilting drum intro!) and We Five's "You Were On My Mind" which has a TON of snare syncopation for a pop song back in the day (mid '60s.)

Bermuda

I'm pretty sure it was the music of Charlie Brown that subconsciously got me hooked on jazz.

That goes for me too. Peace and goodwill.

It may not be the album that got me hooked on jazz but it is by far my favorite Christmas album. I also feel like it is one of those must listen to drumming albums.

Met him once. He lives here in Halifax, Nova Scotia
He just did a Christmas concert at a local theater performing the entire Charlie Brown album with a trio. Didn't go but I heard it was very good.

Neal

I almost forget. This is the album that made me really want to play brushes. before hearing it I could "play" brushes but not Play brushes. I spent about a year just practicing my brushes about 4 hours a day. However since then I have not really gotten a gig where all of my hard brush work has paid off. Just a few songs here or there. The band I currently play with has 1 1/2 songs where I get to dig in with brushes. but it is still one of my favorite hobbies.

Back