IT WILL HAPPEN THIS WEEK: CHANGE..

bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
This Week the forum closes for some hours - and the new Xenforo Forum will be installed.

There will be a mobile-friendly an nice layout.

Look around and find out about some nice new features.

Everything is saved from the old forum.

Hope i works then as expected.....

Bernhard

Thanks for the heads up Bernhard- looking forward to the new look.

Also, I'll be collecting donations for Larry's "Forum Withdrawl Fund" (FWF) during this difficult time.

Down for some hours?

Exactly how many hours and at exactly what time will it go down?

Which day? Can you give me a call right before it goes down?

Crap, I didn't think we would lose access for some hours..

In the US, we don't use the terms some hours. We say exactly how many hours.

This is not good. I'm feeling a panic attack coming on.

Are there any contingency plans during the shut down?

When I was 8, my Dad said he was going out to get milk and I never saw him again. You aren't going to run out on me right?

This is not good...

While I'm resistant to change, like many, I'm looking forward to the new site being mobile-friendly...its difficult on my phone to use it. I was thiunking that it was my phone (and maybe it it) so I'm interested in that part of the new change, certainly.

Good luck on a smooth transition!

Down for some hours?

Exactly how many hours and at exactly what time will it go down?

Which day? Can you give me a call right before it goes down?

Crap, I didn't think we would lose access for some hours..

In the US, we don't use the terms some hours. We say exactly how many hours.

This is not good. I'm feeling a panic attack coming on.

Are there any contingency plans during the shut down?

When I was 8, my Dad said he was going out to get milk and I never saw him again. You aren't going to run out on me right?

This is not good...

Yep, in the US we usually say, 2 hours, then it turns to 3, 4, 5. some hours is fine with me. I will spend the time playing the drums and not reading about drums.

I think it looks nice on a iphone:

Attachments

• iphone.jpg
    iphone.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 228
  • iphone2.jpg
    iphone2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 229
I was on a guitar forum that did this! We lost the forum for two whole months! Some never made it back! Some ended up on medication! Some ended up self medicating and never made it all the way back if you know what I mean...

Somebody keep an eye on Larry! Anyone have his email and next of kin info?

I was on a guitar forum that did this! We lost the forum for two whole months! Some never made it back! Some ended up on medication! Some ended up self medicating and never made it all the way back if you know what I mean...

Somebody keep an eye on Larry! Anyone have his email and next of kin info?

Rest assured, here at the FWF we're doing everything we can for Larry (and indeed all potentially affected members) to ensure a smooth transition but WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Did you know up to 100+ random thoughts go through the average drummers mind every hour? Think of all the gems that will go unexpressed with the site being down for 2 hours or more!!

Stay safe people- it's going to be a rocky road but we'll get through this together! (PayPal, credit card or direct debit accepted)

Aaaand anyone thinking of misbehaving due to mod's catching up with the new tech -------------- you may have a point :(

This update comes with a new, more portable, easier to use ban hammer. Mine is stave and Andys is segmented.

I thought I heard of a 40 character minimum :0

It would be great if no resizing of pics was required too.

I still want a call right before the shutdown :)

the rollout is cancelled at the moment - everything was ready, but we couldn't get larry on the phone to inform.

the Change will be next week. Downtime only one hour.

Bernhard

Back