Is this 'cheating' or awesome?

Different execution, but the concept has been around for 30+ years with the Shark, E-Pedal and later the KAT pedal, all of which are self-contained and don't require that you add your own pedal (although that may be more comfortable in some cases.)

Bermuda

I would like to try out that pedal trigger, but I think I need the bounce of the mallet off of the bass head or pad, like I do the rebound of the stick off of the head or pad. Without the bounce, I think it is good for rolling, but not as good for doing doubles or triples on the bass drum.

Using the pedal of your choice is the beauty of the concept. You can even leave the beater (some users prefer that way).
Anyway, you get used to it very quickly.
There's lot of reviews on the page.

And BTW, we'll be launching a new kick trigger product in few weeks. Although, totally different and doesn't target the quietness approach ...

It seems as if you are going to use triggers, then these would seemingly offer the most benefits. Are they solid? Because I hammer the snot out of my drums and they kinda seem like they might bend a little under heavyweight use...

Any preview to the new product? I wouldn't want to order something from across the globe only to have a better version come out the day I get it.

The big selling point here is noise level, if you have ever lived in an apartment complex and had neighbors complain about your E-drum noise level.. its usually the bass drum vibrating through walls and floor.

Back