Intrigg - internal drum trigger

Looks like a simple, easy to use trigger (but I've been fooled before) : P
Very cool idea but my one issue with it is having the cable jack inside the shell.
Does this mean you have to leave the reso head off and the cable hanging out or drill a hole in the shell for the cable to go through?

Well, there are several possible solutions, depending on the drum or wanted application.
Some drums just have larger ventholes that can accept 1/4" cables/jacks. Or if not - you can enlarge it just a bit. If you don't want to do that, you can run the cable through the bottom - either by cutting a hole in the bottom head (for example you have some cheap mylar head on the bottom, just to cover the bottom), or if you don't have a bottom head.
I'm sure there are some other solutions as well.
We didn't want to create a one-for-all package, simply because there's lot of different approaches.
For example, I have a cut-toms e-kit with intriggs ... Such users would not need any additional cables or components.
Sure, we can create additional cables/components on request (i.e. for having the input connector on the venthole) ...

Sure, we can create additional cables/components on request (i.e. for having the input connector on the venthole) ...
That would be the solution for me to use these triggers as my ventholes just happen to fit the input jacks (using Quartz Percussion triggers) and I really wouldn't care to either make the ventholes larger or cut a small hole in my reso head.
Have you created such additional components for any customers as yet (and if so, any pics)?

Sorry for reopening the thread for this reason, but I don't have another choice.

Just got an order of 5intrigg pack from a Mike from Ohio, who came to our website from this page. Trying to email him and notify everything is ok and will be shipped tomorrow, but I'm getting " Client host rejected: Access denied". Tried from several email accounts. So, Mike, if you see this please supply a different email or ... just wait for the package. :)

I've been enjoying the Intrigg's I picked up a few months back. Installed them in my ae converted Sonor kit. I did not prefer cutting small holes in the heads, for the cables, so had my local shop make jacks and mount in the shells. We left the sound holes as they were. On this particular kit, it doesn't bother me to have drilled them. The jacks look and work great. My second kit is a custom Ludwig. I'm not quite sure how I'm gonna trigger it yet. Highly reluctant to drill it, even if just enlarging the vent holes. I have Roland external triggers, which also work well, but are not nearly as practical when I'm moving the kit gig to gig all the time. The intriggs are ultra practical in terms of mobility. They work great so far.

Thinking out loud here, I used to have May Internal Mic's on one kit. They were very thoughtfully designed. The mic and jack came in two parts, and were designed to use existing holes, with no drilling. The jack end had plastic washers and was held in via threads to the air vent. The cable went from the jack to the mic, and had 3 quick connectors. No cutting, drilling or soldering required. Could you do something like this Triggera?

Back