INSTAGRAM / YOUTUBE DRUMMING CULTURE: LOVE IT? HATE IT? WHY?

Ah, but it does impact your life. It's like shoplifting. You may not practice it yourself, but you are victim of it nonetheless. It influences the World around you and you as well if only by reflection--unless you are a hermit. And forums are a form of social media as well.
Yes, social media has peripheral yet pervasive effects on all of us. That I don't use it in a direct sense doesn't mean I'm immune to its machinations. And while this forum, by strict definition, might be a branch of social media, I treat it as a purpose-driven, topic-specific mode of exchange, not as a marketing tool.

I'm pretty sure that Nick D'Virgilio from Sweetwater's videos could sell me a swimming pool in the middle of winter.
I think I've said this before, but I wish wish wish there were a way to hear all of Nick's various demos over the year, back to back—I listen to music when I work, but it almost always has to be instrumental, and a few hours of just Nick playing would be heaven. Hell, collect them all, toss 'em up on Soundcloud or Bandcamp and I'd buy an album of just his playing.

I think I've said this before, but I wish wish wish there were a way to hear all of Nick's various demos over the year, back to back—I listen to music when I work, but it almost always has to be instrumental, and a few hours of just Nick playing would be heaven. Hell, collect them all, toss 'em up on Soundcloud or Bandcamp and I'd buy an album of just his playing.
Nick is awfully good. He seems humble too. I always enjoy his demos.

I fear we are encouraging a generation of "drummers" and not "musicians" whose primary instrument is the drums. But that may just be me.

Just started reading this thread and the quote above is from page 1 but I felt compelled to reply to it.

My only instrument is the drums. I've tried others, starting with Classical guitar in 2003, but they didn't work out, and none of them made me as happy as the drums do.

Fear not though, my interest in being a drummer stems from a sincere drive to create my own music and help educate others. I also want to cover my favorite songs.

This is #cypresshill and nearly 50.000 likeeees in the pocket..

Yep..🙂

Her groove is not too bad btw..

Back