In-Ear Monitor setup - Rolls PM50SE

SpazApproved

As my band progresses I really want to help us get to the next level. And I feel to do this we need a lot more consistency in our songs. One way to achieve this goal is just simple tempo. When I joined the band they were excited for me to bring in my Roland SPD-SX sample pad. I was able to add all of the intro effects into our songs live. But now, I was to use it to help keep tempos more steady. I was looking into wireless setups and had several people tell me not to waste my money on wireless setups since I was a drummer... since we sit in place I should look into a simple wired setup. I personally have never looked into that and so they kindly leaned me towards this Rolls PM50SE. It's a wonderful and super simple add on for drummers! All you need is to run some type of monitor mix to the drums and plug into the back of the box. If the venue already has a floor monitor, it's as simple as unplugged the speaker and plugging the XLR into this PMA. Then you have full volume control. I also purchased a 5' extension cable to run from the box to my in ears. If you aren't running a Roland and just want to leave this on the floor that works as well. Maybe velcro it to your drum rug!

Hopefully this helps some people out who want to try in-ears but don't want to spend the money on wireless setups!

I use the Rolls PM50SE and LOVE it! Cheap, simple & gets everything done I need. For click, I plug my Tama Rhythm Watch into it and can adjust that volume separately from the monitor mix volume.

I have a very inexpensive rolls that I use. It's a 2 channel headphone amp and it works pretty good. I think I bought it 15 or 20 years ago for $25 new.

Back