If you were sitting behind my kit.

What did you go with? Pick anything up yet?

He's waiting till he turns 41.

Just a few minutes ago ordered the snare at my local drum shop.
and now the long waiting game begins.
What I like about it is that it it that I wanted a wooden snare to match my kit
and by buying the 8 in deep version I can use it as a 14in tom too if I throw off the snares.
Here's a picture of it but shown at a 6.5 in.
url]

Just a few minutes ago ordered the snare at my local drum shop.
and now the long waiting game begins.
What I like about it is that it it that I wanted a wooden snare to match my kit
and by buying the 8 in deep version I can use it as a 14in tom too if I throw off the snares.
Here's a picture of it but shown at a 6.5 in.
url]

Well done!

I can't find a picture of it either. You'll have to post some when you get it.

Those cymbals will be around later. The snare - maybe not.

Probably still some around, but it's also probably a good thing you acted on it now.

Well done!

I can't find a picture of it either. You'll have to post some when you get it.

Those cymbals will be around later. The snare - maybe not.

Probably still some around, but it's also probably a good thing you acted on it now.

Thanks. I'm telling you I did not find one used. Mind you Salmon Oyster is not a finish everyone runs to right?

Also this is my 40th Bday gift much better than getting a used cymbal IMO.
For my 50th it'll be the Copper Phonic.lol If I didn't already own a Supralite I might would have waited to get a Supraphonic but still a matching snare was always going to be high up there in my list of snares to get.

I will share pictures of my drumset when I get it.

Thanks. I'm telling you I did not find one used. Mind you Salmon Oyster is not a finish everyone runs to right?

Also this is my 40th Bday gift much better than getting a used cymbal IMO.
For my 50th it'll be the Copper Phonic.lol If I didn't already own a Supralite I might would have waited to get a Supraphonic but still a matching snare was always going to be high up there in my list of snares to get.

I will share pictures of my drumset when I get it.

Can't wait for the pics! The finish is awesome!

Funny but very cruel thing happened to me today. Decided to eat my lunch while walking to the Music store once I got there some 15 minutes later I ask one of the guys if he had any news about my snare order (That I placed some 4 or 5 weeks ago). Quickly checked and told me it would be in early May but I knew that already since I'd call to check last week. So obviously spent another 20 minutes looking around before I walked another 15 minutes back. As soon as I sat my ass down in my office chair I get a call from the Music store telling me the snare just came in. You have to be shitting me? is what I answered. lol Nope he said he read what was on the box Ludwig Keystone 14X8 snare - Salmon Oyster. Shit! The worst part is I can't go back before next Thursday.
I will post pictures when I get it.

Awesome! I was reviewing this thread a few nights ago and was going to post something but I figured you would have to wait another week or two!
Cannot wait to see the pics!

Cymbals rule and drums drool. No contest.

+1 on this. You already have a snare, but you don't have a different cymbal :p

I just bought a new snare and have an extra tom on order, so maybe I should take my own advice, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything really cymbal wise. I reckon you'll make the right choice, if not, you got time yet to do right.

Whichever way you go, enjoy!

OK so I have the new Keystone snare ordered and ready to pick up even though some are still saying get the cymbal. Yes I agree since I already have a snare I should have just got the cymbal I know that. But I wanted the snare so I got it. However something fantastic happened over the last few days I found a guy on Kijiji in Montreal (that's like craiglist for those who wouldn't know) that was willing to trade his ridiculously great condition 19in K Dark Thin Crash cymbal for my like-new 14x5.5 Supralite snare. I love the snare but I think I love that cymbal a bit more and I know and he knows that it's worth way way more. This guy was great he's a pro recording and touring drummer here in QC so he knew what he was doing. I seriously think he just wanted to do me a favor. He actually said if you want your snare back just give 185$ for the cymbal and the snare is yours again. He doesn't need another snare but snares are his sweet spot, his own words. So discussion is over I guess. I have my kickass cymbal and the matching snare that I wanted. Anyway sorry for the long comment.

Last edited:
Congrats Salty! I suggested a K dark from the start, beautiful pick up! I love my 16" K Dark Medium thin, pair well with my 16" and 18" A custom crashes, next crash is going to be a 18" K Dark thin and that'll be it for crash cymbals for a bit for me. We will need pics then!

Congrats Salty! I suggested a K dark from the start, beautiful pick up! I love my 16" K Dark Medium thin, pair well with my 16" and 18" A custom crashes, next crash is going to be a 18" K Dark thin and that'll be it for crash cymbals for a bit for me. We will need pics then!

Yup I recall your suggestion and that opened my eyes and ears to the K series prior to that I wanted a 19 A Custom EFX tried in store and did not sound like I expected. So I'm really loving my cymbals set up and I can honestly say that I'll be good with them for a (long) while... that's what my wife wants me to say.lol

Yes I promise a nice picture of my drum set with cymbals will be posted soon.

Awesome, I am in the same ship right now. Really enjoying my set up and no immediate urge for anything!

Where are the pics!?! Cannot wait!

Finally picked up my snare yesterday and ATLAS scissor lift for yes my new second hand 19in Zildjian K Dark Thin crash. I had to sacrifice with regret my Supralite snare to get it but the trade-off was a steal... a first for me.lol Besides Supralites are cheap when new so I can always go back. For those who are interested I didn't get a chance to really try the snare except for a few minutes this morning and let me tell you it not only looks great it also sounds great and it's nowhere near of being tuned to my liking. It's my first wooden snare and I already know I'm really going to love it. Also my original idea of using it as a 14in Floor tom was validated also with the right tuning it can really fit well between my 12in tom & 16 in Floor tom. BTW everybody thanks for all your suggestions & recommendations as you can see with my purchases I did listen to everyone ;) So here are a few shots of my snare & cymbal.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    237.8 KB · Views: 245
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    251.4 KB · Views: 244
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 242
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG