I need help from everybody quick!!!!!!!

Toza

I'm young drummer from Croatia (ex Yugoslavia). I'm helping some serius people to make a musical with kids from states of former Yugoslavia, a humanitarian work shop on beatbox and drumming for the red cross. There are gona be a 4 presidents of ex yu countries so i need your help!!!

CAN YOU HELP ME WITH ANY IDEA, TIP, PATTERN, RHYTMICAL FIGURE, ANYTHING??? The key is it has to be simple. CONGA AND BONGOS!!!

I need to make 3 rhythmical figures 3/4... 4/4... 6/8... but each one needs to be divided in three paterns. The three paterns that fit into one.

EXAMPLE (i dont know if you understand me my english is bad;)

first kid starts to play rhythm in 3/4, then after few bars second kid starts something different in 3/4, and after few bars the third kid stars to play something different in 3/4 making this whole rhytm!!!!!!!

and please SIMPLE!!!

I also need to make 6 PATERNS on my own, also divided in three paterns.

some afro, we will rock you... anything please

To put in drumming terms, the three drummers represent three limbs that are used to play three different rhythms (or ostinatos) on three different parts of the kit -- the bass drum, the hi-hat and the snare for instance. You build up the groove by combining these three parts, but you can also reverse-engineer the groove by separating each limb. I believe this is what Toza is after -- coming up with a simple groove that can be divided into three different rhythms.

For the 6/8, the good old Afro-Cuban pattern is hard to beat, but isn't too hard to beat:

⎮ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ⎮ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ⎮
* - * - * * ⎮ - * - * - * ⎮ <- The lead pattern, or the "Afro Cuban clavé"
* - - * - - ⎮ * - - * - - ⎮ <- The "two" pattern; two beats per bar
* - * - * - ⎮ * - * - * - ⎮ <- The "three" pattern; three beats per bar

To put in drumming terms, the three drummers represent three limbs that are used to play three different rhythms (or ostinatos) on three different parts of the kit -- the bass drum, the hi-hat and the snare for instance. You build up the groove by combining these three parts, but you can also reverse-engineer the groove by separating each limb. I believe this is what Toza is after -- coming up with a simple groove that can be divided into three different rhythms.

For the 6/8, the good old Afro-Cuban pattern is hard to beat, but isn't too hard to beat:

⎮ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ⎮ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ⎮
* - * - * * ⎮ - * - * - * ⎮ <- The lead pattern, or the "Afro Cuban clavé"
* - - * - - ⎮ * - - * - - ⎮ <- The "two" pattern; two beats per bar
* - * - * - ⎮ * - * - * - ⎮ <- The "three" pattern; three beats per bar

man thank you very much i will use this. thanx ;)

Back