How long do you keep sticks?

Nylon tips; I got the cheap, commonly warped 7a no name sticks from Guitar Center in the bulk bag once or twice. The tips never came off.

Some of those cheap sticks you find in bargain bins at the drum shop can be really quite good.

My GF bought a heap for like $10 and they are really well balanced......5As I think they are 🤔

Some of those cheap sticks you find in bargain bins at the drum shop can be really quite good.

My GF bought a heap for like $10 and they are really well balanced......5As I think they are 🤔

I bet 5a would be less prone to warping? Seems like 35% of the 7a pack had a warp. I.played them anyway.

Re: cheap "seconds" sticks- I've played some that felt great, but I've never found any that are even close to my preferred model (that now-discontinued ProMark 808- essentially just a 3A with a different model name- which is between 5A and 5B with a round tip), so I've never bought any. If I ever run across any, or even just 5A with a round tip, I'll probably buy several bricks' worth.

Back