HELP: Removing Rubber Feet from Saturn spurs

NerfLad

Silver Member
I carry a rug with my kit and always set my drums up on it. Most of the time it works fine but I just got on a hard rock gig where I'm playing a lot louder. Not even the rug is keeping the Saturn bass drum from walking away. The spurs are sharp, but shrouded by plastic (not rubber as advertised) feet at the ends. There seems to be no way to get these things off the spurs without really bastardizing the hardware. My question is: has anyone gotten them off and how??

Attachments

• 20130129_204116.jpg
    20130129_204116.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 278
Try this. If it isnt too much trouble, take one of the legs off and to the hardware store and look for larger furniture leg feet that will fit over the current one. They should be rubber. I did that with my largest floor tom. They should not be hard to find in an Ace or such hardware store. Just slip them over the old ones, dont take the old ones off.

My saturn doesnt have that plasyic its odd. My bass drum would never movie. Has huge spikes, big enough that i droped it on my foot and i now have a scar lol.

You do know that the plastic retracts to expose the sharp spike?
Just pull down on the plastic piece and twist it half a turn and let it go.
It is spring loaded and it retracts up a bit to allow the spike to stick out.

Yeah why would you take them off? I use them to cover the spikes when in transport so you don't rip your bags/self.

You do know that the plastic retracts to expose the sharp spike?
Just pull down on the plastic piece and twist it half a turn and let it go.
It is spring loaded and it retracts up a bit to allow the spike to stick out.

I can confirm through my own experience that bobdadruma speaks a wise truth... Be careful, they are very sharp!

When I first got my Saturn kit it took me a few mins to figure out how the retractable bass drum spurs worked. It is a good idea.

Back