HELP! is this a mapex PRO M? or just an M??

justinxIP

I don't have pics of my actual kit at the moment but I bought a kit from a guy on craigslist who posted it as a mapex Pro M. I never owned a mapex or even had much experience with them so i just assumed it was a pro M. I looked up pro M floor toms cause i wanted to add a 14x14 and noticed that the logo of the Pro M's that i saw on ebay actually said "pro M." Mine only says M.....

I paid $500 for a 14,22,10,12,13,16,18 kit. ok condition.
Anyone know if it's even possible that these are actually pro Ms? or do they ALWAYS have the "pro"
And did i get ripped off? 500 for a 7pc of almost anything seems ok... and the 18x16 floor tom can be used as a kick.
... i feel sad....

mine looks just like this but without the "pro"

Attachments

• Map13PM_5.JPG
    Map13PM_5.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 1,596
All that matters is that you like how they sound for what you paid for them. The price seems OK to me since you got a lot of drums. If the badges do not say "Pro" on them, then they are just the M Series Mapex drums.Peace and goodwill.

yeah i figured for these shells, 500 was a good deal regardless. i like the sound but don't love it. i have a tama superstar that i love and is my baby that is in the same quality range as this kit to me so i have no need for another intermediate level kit. i wanted to know in order to post this kit to sell it possibly. didn't wanna put false info out there. thanks tho guys!

I have a M series kit too but the badges on my kit are different design.(It's rectangle and golden)

I have a M series kit too but the badges on my kit are different design.(It's rectangle and golden)

Can you give me some specs on this kit? I've only had a chance to gig with it a few times. Haven't been able to sit down and clean it and re-head and do research on it. what kind of wood is it? any good tips? like what kind of heads seem to be good and all that.

Its a pro m kit, I had one. Its a very good set. The pro m kits where the best kits for the buck. Very good quality for the cost. I think thats why they stopped making them.

lol i don't think u read correctly. the picture is not of my set. mine doesn't have the "pro." you got me all excited for a sec...

Can you give me some specs on this kit? I've only had a chance to gig with it a few times. Haven't been able to sit down and clean it and re-head and do research on it. what kind of wood is it? any good tips? like what kind of heads seem to be good and all that.

The badges on my kit look like this :

379070_343377259012511_100000207189316_1590468_286337823_n.jpg

I do believe it's basswood with an outer ply of maple for finish. Re head and tune them and they'll sound good.

Back