Has Anyone Heard of Sidekick Drums?

RobertM

Platinum Member
I just learned about this drum shop, Sidekick Drums:

They specialize in nesting drum sets, small compact kits, and jazz-sized sets. Hard-rock Keller maple shells, according to website, and surprisingly affordable compared to other custom builders.

Anyone know anything about them? Good quality?

I bought a Sidekick kick drum once. Tension rod splay was horrendous. Just not a good build lots of issues. I sold it, then bought a similar kick drum from Farmer Foot Drums. Farmer makes an excellent kick drum lots of small touches that make it an excellent product.

I bought a Sidekick kick drum once. Tension rod splay was horrendous. Just not a good build lots of issues. I sold it, then bought a similar kick drum from Farmer Foot Drums. Farmer makes an excellent kick drum lots of small touches that make it an excellent product.
I've read several mediocre to awful reviews ..... so I've heard this same complaint.

Mike Malone did an extensive interview and shop floor walkthrough with Farmer Foot Drums.

Does Farmer Foot make 12x16 or 12x15 bass drums? Sidekick does, and they are very affordable, but I, too, found tons of horrible reviews. Eek!

Does Farmer Foot make 12x16 or 12x15 bass drums? Sidekick does, and they are very affordable, but I, too, found tons of horrible reviews. Eek!

According to the interview in the clip that I posted, Farmer Foot also makes complete portable drum sets. I am not sure about the exact sizes or if they make everything custom built.

Affordable? Pretty expensive IMHO. And horrible product. Years ago they specialized in smallish bass drums and small percussion for one-man band type guitar players. Now they offer just about any size any thing. Farmer is the real deal. Stay away from Sidekick.

Back