Gretsch Renown Maple

G-Con

Anyone own a set? I've heard a few local drummers play them at shows and they always sound amazing. I'm looking into the 4 pice Mod Configuration...any feedback?

Anyone own a set? I've heard a few local drummers play them at shows and they always sound amazing. I'm looking into the 4 pice Mod Configuration...any feedback?

I've owned a Gretsch Reknown Maple, Color- Magenta purple, about 4 years now. I love my gretsch. The thin maple shells and the cast hoops put this set above everything in it's price range and on par with most kits selling for twice as much...the sound is incredible. The shells put out a lotta volume and tone. So head selection is important. Most guys with these drums use a coated batter head. You can always soften a kit that has a lotta tone but you can never get tone out of a cardboard box.

I don't regret buying mine one bit. (big cheesy smile)

There are many, many threads on this - you'd probably find more opinions than you care to read if you use the search function.

Check the Your Gear section and you will find a bunch of threads about Gretsch Renowns.
That is RENOWNS.

Back