Good bass guitar tutorials

I find that my Yamaha BB and my Squier short scale don't really need a lot of left-hand pressure. My kit J-bass needs a bit but the neck is also a lot chunkier. I gave up trying to muscle through heavy gauges - it's just not worth it even though I have strong hands.
I started with a Sandberg bass for some years, now I own and love my Fender Roscoe Beck V modell. But yes, they're quite chunky!
Do you play with pick mostly, then? I more or less never play with a pick, so I can't even do it properly.

I started with a Sandberg bass for some years, now I own and love my Fender Roscoe Beck V modell. But yes, they're quite chunky!
Do you play with pick mostly, then? I more or less never play with a pick, so I can't even do it properly.
I mainly play with fingers (teeheehee) but will bring out a pick sometimes when it's called for. Being a (bad) guitarist a pick isn't really an issue...

From the late, great Jim Stinnett. RIP
There are hundreds of videos on his channel with plenty to work on.

So you need to find online tutorials for guitar :p.
I just dont think melodically. I have scale, chord, and songbooks for guitar. When I pick up a guitar however, I'm still thinking like a drummer. So 3 or 4 note rhythms that would sound better on a bass anyhow.

Back