Go Braves!!!

Damn, Soler just crushed a 2 out, 3/2 count 3 run homer they're still trying to track down in Houston.

Max just convinced me that nerds can be athletes.

That was SWEET! Is there a bigger high than hitting a homerun in the World Series?
yeah, it's probably when my wife and I conceived the kids lol

Max is on a tear

Dansby just put the nail in the coffin of Houston.

6-0 for the good guys...

It's official the Braves are world series champs. First time since 1995.

It's official the Braves are world series champs. First time since 1995.
Watching Houston blow it at home was ALMOST as good as watching the Dodgers win it all last year. I had to stop watching in the bottom of the 8th, as I had movie plans. But with such a lopsided score, I wasn't worried in the least about the ASStros making a comeback.

Congrats Braves fans!!! Glad you were able to pull out the big win!

Speaking of chops - Braves won- woohoo

Hey Houston, I've got a couple of signs you can steal. They involve two hands and two middle fingers....
I do have empathy for the Houston fans who had nothing to do with the cheating. But it’s still great for Atlanta to win the WS.

Congrats to all you Braves fans. My Astros fell short on every count. Their blazing bats turned to ice, and their steady pitching gave way to erraticism -- not exactly the stuff that a World Series title is made of. All is well though. You win some, you lose some. I played ball long enough to accept that life on the diamond has its peaks and valleys. Onward and forward to next season.

But enough of my H-Town mourning. This is the Braves' hour. Their fans should embrace it. All triumph is temporary. Don't let the moment slide.

Congrats to all you Braves fans. My Astros fell short on every count. Their blazing bats turned to ice, and their steady pitching gave way to erraticism -- not exactly the stuff that a World Series title is made of. All is well though. You win some, you lose some. I played ball long enough to accept that life on the diamond has its peaks and valleys. Onward and forward to next season.

But enough of my H-Town mourning. This is the Braves' hour. Their fans should embrace it. All triumph is temporary. Don't let the moment slide.
Atlanta teams have lost so many championship games I am still in a state of mild disbelief. But it is something to enjoy in the moment, for as you say all triumph is temporary. Except for the world series pennant which will be a permanent fixture at the ballpark.

It's corporate takeover of professional sports in America. Stadiums used to be named for owners or baseball legends. Now they are named for the highest bidder.

so sad to see this happening...but it sort of always been happening

hockey is now going to start selling space on thier uniforms <--- National Travesty!!!

so sad to see this happening...but it sort of always been happening
I guess so, Wrigley field.
hockey is now going to start selling space on thier uniforms <--- National Travesty!!!
Race car drivers and pro tennis players have been doing it for decades although those aren't really uniformed sports. Do pro soccer and European football have endorsement badges? Any other pro sports leagues? Would you consider that 'selling out' if they can earn more money by wearing some logo? My question is: Who gets the money?

I guess so, Wrigley field.

Race car drivers and pro tennis players have been doing it for decades although those aren't really uniformed sports. Do pro soccer and European football have endorsement badges? Any other pro sports leagues? Would you consider that 'selling out' if they can earn more money by wearing some logo? My question is: Who gets the money?
yeah...i is real bad in those sports some times...some of the Euro pro league hockey sweaters look like NASCAR cars....some don't even have the team name on them anymore...just all the adds. It is real ugly, and honestly hard to take seriously. It looks real "bush league" to me.

This is just a travesty:

Modo Hockey from Sweden
modo1.jpeg

this about says it all
blech.jpeg

I fear that in 4-5 years, all American sports team jerseys will look like this...and honestly, probably college too

The sanctity of "team" is no more...and hasn't been for a long time honestly

Leave the adds on the scoreboards and other areas of the stadium.

Back