For all Metronome worries....

Phil Maturano

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
28226_130146397002118_1000002027589.jpg

LOl i thought this was a joke at first but then i saw it was a teaser trailer for that product. I must admit, that is an awesome pic. Now i just need to figure what this innerclock thing is...

Yeah...this artist is a friend of mine and he is doing all the design for the DVD. He has worked for Sony, Dreamworks etc etc...He is the man!!!

Designed by Master Artist
Phil Salas
http://sankhya-tribe.blogspot.com/

Check him out! Super nice cat and long time friend!

We are closer every day to finishing this project!!!

hey! can you tell juicy details yet? checked out yours and his sites. beautiful. guess i need to go thru part 1first, to get started. please share what you can???thanks.

Here is the link to my site where you can read all about the DVD.

http://philmaturano.com/innerclocktwo.html

A sneak peak ...bit about the DVD...If you are familiar with the "Inner Clock" method this will be exciting. If not drop by my page and check out the original book.

Featured Players
This time I will also be featuring some of my favorite musicians from around the world on the tracks. Not only sequenced parts but top musicians playing with the tracks. So that the feel of the pieces drummers and percussionists will play along with is greatly improved. AND...I will be featuring different drummers doing alternate takes of the tunes. So that we can all get as much inspiration as possible from each song. This has never been done before in play along books and I am sure that everyone involved in working with the method will be extremely satisfied.

Guest Artists signed on so far
Cliff Almond – Drums (NY)
Tom Kennedy – Bass (NY)
Andreas Schermann – Piano (DE)
Sean Nowel – Sax (NY)
Pete Lockett (UK)
Derrick Murdock – Bass (LA)
Jojo Mayer – Drums (NY)
Irio Oʼfarill - Bass (NY)
Bob Quaranta - Piano (NY)
Francisco Torres – Trombone (LA)
More are in the works!
IC2Logo-1.jpg

All the best
Phil M.

www.philmaturano.com
www.myspace.com/philmaturanodrums
www.youtube.com/philmaturanodrums
www.facebook.com/PhilMaturano

now that is sharing! thank you. it is an honor to talk to you on this forum, watching your stuff and seeing the substance you've created in your life. i'm going to get the afro cuban studies because i've been knocking on that door for a long time...it is the most exciting frontier to me.

but i'll have to look more deeply into the innerclock and your new stuff - if you're saying that a player can lock into a tempo, without fail and with no possibility of variation(except when it is called for), using something other than external technology, then you're speaking of taking things to a whole new level. but i'm not sure if that's your intent. the mandala makes it look like you may have been busy in this area...

thanks again. all the best!

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Classic.

Phil, I got the book. We had three in stock. :)

Oh superb!! Post some clips of you playing along bro!!
If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.
PM

now that is sharing! thank you. it is an honor to talk to you on this forum, watching your stuff and seeing the substance you've created in your life. i'm going to get the afro cuban studies because i've been knocking on that door for a long time...it is the most exciting frontier to me.

but i'll have to look more deeply into the innerclock and your new stuff - if you're saying that a player can lock into a tempo, without fail and with no possibility of variation(except when it is called for), using something other than external technology, then you're speaking of taking things to a whole new level. but i'm not sure if that's your intent. the mandala makes it look like you may have been busy in this area...

thanks again. all the best!

Oh bro...you know that means a lot to me. I appreciate it very much. Sometimes I wonder...I post stuff here and not many reactions. And on other stuff there is.
Oh well....at least a few cats are reading hahaha!

Here is a little backstory on Inner Clock work.
Conceived at P.I.T in Los Angeles around 1995. While teaching the Big Band and ensemble technique courses there, I noticed a huge gap in studentʼs abilities to turn charts into music. While many of them were good readers, they could not make the jump from the page to the heart! So I put together sequenced parts of musical phrases that gave them the most trouble. They could now play over them and read the figures as many times as needed. Well, the little sequenced parts were a hit and soon all the students started asking for them! With time we zeroed in on the problems and discovered it was not reading so much as...a lack of experience with subdivisions and phrases that gave drummers trouble. Internalizing rhythmic figures and interpreting them meant of course returning to some basic principals of music. Mainly for the drummer, this is “sense of time” and a deep knowledge of..........Rhythm.
Through experimentation, the sequences turned into songs. And with the collaboration of many very generous players, the method was born. The first book “Working the Inner Clock” (Published by Hal Leonard) is used in drum schools and conservatories worldwide. The book is loved by all drummers who work with it and has proven to be a most effective tool in many areas of drumming.

-------------
Thats a little blurb from the press kit. The central concept is a bit extensive to write about. But yes it makes a player strong rhythmically, and that is what creates a strong Inner clock. Awareness of effects of pulses and subdivisions on time and music is increased and projected through the body to the instrument. What you have to do to achieve that...we have to wait until the DVD comes out:) For a full explanation.

Again...I am very grateful to you for writing.
PM

to PM...

i wouldn't know how to find time to read all the amazing stuff found here, and unfortunately i'll be missing a lot of yours along the way too-cause i'm too busy trying to not fall off the financial hamster wheel. but i've been on a metronome kick, gettin ready for a new project, and saw this post. so when i did get a chance to read it, i was feeling it, mostly because i've been around a long time, and truly can appreciate what a brother has done with his career and what he has to offer- what the real value of these things are man. plus also, i can't tear myself away from practicing for more than a couple looks and posts! i "accidentally" figured out something about you cats who can truly call yourselves pros-you've been practicing! of course i'm older, but ultimately-that doesn't matter- it's really only about two things to me: a life that has integrity. and pure joy baby! like you say..."live to play"...

to PM...

i wouldn't know how to find time to read all the amazing stuff found here, and unfortunately i'll be missing a lot of yours along the way too-cause i'm too busy trying to not fall off the financial hamster wheel. but i've been on a metronome kick, gettin ready for a new project, and saw this post. so when i did get a chance to read it, i was feeling it, mostly because i've been around a long time, and truly can appreciate what a brother has done with his career and what he has to offer- what the real value of these things are man. plus also, i can't tear myself away from practicing for more than a couple looks and posts! i "accidentally" figured out something about you cats who can truly call yourselves pros-you've been practicing! of course i'm older, but ultimately-that doesn't matter- it's really only about two things to me: a life that has integrity. and pure joy baby! like you say..."live to play"...

Man what a great reply! Preach bro!!!! Fantastic and grateful to you!
You have the soul of a musician!
Live to play is right!

Man what a great reply! Preach bro!!!! Fantastic and grateful to you!
You have the soul of a musician!
Live to play is right!

hey! if your post wasn't electronic, i would frame it and put it on my wall!

as it is, i might just make a copy anyway and tape it to my forehead! it means everything man. but if i say one more word, it's gonna start sounding like the mutual admiration society!

so i'm gonna do my homework and someday when i'm headed your way, you'll get a call to see if maybe you can give a couple lessons to a brother. looking forward to reading and studying your stuff! i'll follow along a little on your personal drummer thread. thank you again!

live to play...play to live. all others will be crushed and melted.

Back